Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Car Multi-sensor digital guage *added models & price ranges*

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 eddygordouk

eddygordouk

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:44 PM

A shift light? Sure, shouldn't be too hard. User defineable rpm to turn on at?

For the LCD, you could choose from one of these two: http://www.crystalfo...#CFAH2004KYYHJP

A G-sensor? pretty much like a G-Tech? We've talked about it, but not much else. We'll have to see if we even have room for it on the board. If we did include one, it would probably add a decent chunk to the total price, and/or may not arrive until a couple product generations down the road.

thanks for the interest!
-Dave

im fine with killing the gsensor idea cuz of the price haha. but the shift light would be great if it was RPM user defined. I can't wait till these are done, I totally want one rather than going and buying a ton of lame autometer gauges or way over priced bundle of electronic gauges :clap:

#27 subiemech85

subiemech85

SIX STAR SERVICE

• Members
  • 2,710 posts
  • down by the river

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:17 AM

how about speed signal from W terminal on alternator?
would like to have water, oil, air intake, fuel, exhaust temp, oil, air intake, fuel pressure, engine rpm, lambda, voltage,
with units selectable for c/f and bar/psi
:slobber:

it's a diesel

#28 okanagansubman

okanagansubman

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Kelowna

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:30 PM

id be interested in one. sounds really good.:clap:

#29 MSSLGECKO

MSSLGECKO

I miss picture signatures

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Missoula

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:58 PM

I think these units sound pretty sweet. Any progress on the development? How hard will wiring one of these suckers in be? You're planing to write up instructions for it too, right?

#30 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:11 PM

I think these units sound pretty sweet. Any progress on the development? How hard will wiring one of these suckers in be? You're planing to write up instructions for it too, right?

Development is humming along nicely. Still at least a month out or so at the very earliest.

It will come with thorough instructions. It should also come with most everything you need to install it (all wires, fittings, etc).

As for installing it... for the CTS we're planning to find a plug that will replace the current dash CTS that has our sensor in it.

For oil temp, you can either shove the probe down the dipstick tube (not recommended) or drill & tap the oil pan to fit a special sensor/bolt we'll make and provide. Same with the exhaust temp.

Other than those, it will be mostly 'stick this sensor there, that one there' kind of stuff.

As for wiring, you'll just have to splice and/or make new connections to power.

#31 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:13 PM

I like the base model.....would the fan relay be manually switchable?

#32 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:34 PM

I like the base model.....would the fan relay be manually switchable?

hmm.. hadn't thought too much about doing that... was just planning on having user set thresholds to turn & off.

could most likely be added if so desired... :)

#33 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:54 AM

hmm.. hadn't thought too much about doing that... was just planning on having user set thresholds to turn & off.

could most likely be added if so desired... :)

or easily bypassed, but it would be nice to have a way to do that, but disable it at the touch of a button (or flip of a switch). So us offroaders could reach down, and turn off the fan for 30 seconds while playing in the water.

#34 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:47 PM

bump. I've bery interested in this, I'm going to have trouble swinging it, financially, but I'd really like to.

#35 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:34 AM

bump. I've bery interested in this, I'm going to have trouble swinging it, financially, but I'd really like to.

We're still at least a couple months out now I'd guess... my company just got our first 'sale' last week, so we're working on getting everything ready for it. It could potentially lead to at least 1,000 units a year (or more!!) of a different product, so this project has been sidelined temporarily :-\

#36 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:43 AM

another bump....I really want one....

#37 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:52 AM

We're about a week or two from sending the first prototype PCBs (printed circuit boards) out to be manufactured. Other jobs got in the way and took precedence, but we're pretty much focused on this one at the moment :brow:

Soooo, we're looking at a month or two again... I'm really hoping to at least have a prototype installed to show at WCSS8.

#38 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:15 PM

We're about a week or two from sending the first prototype PCBs (printed circuit boards) out to be manufactured. Other jobs got in the way and took precedence, but we're pretty much focused on this one at the moment :brow:

Soooo, we're looking at a month or two again... I'm really hoping to at least have a prototype installed to show at WCSS8.

Sweet! keep us updated, in a month or 2, I'll probably be up for 2

#39 mellow65

mellow65

Subaru, my drug of choice

• Members
  • 1,084 posts
  • Portland

Posted 08 August 2006 - 08:45 PM

Would be really interested in the base model. If around that price. Couple of things, I would like to have both the LED and buzzer warning, and do they have any bigger screens. I Would like try to use it in my race car and the bigger the numbers the less time I have to keep my eyes off the road. Either way I would still be really interested.

#40 WheaT_BeeR_MaN

WheaT_BeeR_MaN

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • medford

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:59 PM

heres an idea since well all want performance, mpg and to do 4x4ing. have some user set or premade profiles for application! any body else need some ideas? i got lots.
:headbang:

#41 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 13 January 2007 - 12:35 AM

hello again. any news on this? I'm getting close to being able to afford it...and definately need it.

if it's not going to happen, that's cool, I'll go another route. but I am sort of holding out for an all-in-one unit.

one question. would it be possible to have a usb or serial port so it could be plugged directly into a computer for better monitoring? I'm thinking of putting a carputer into my wagon, and it'd be nice to have the 2 integrated...

#42 mellow65

mellow65

Subaru, my drug of choice

• Members
  • 1,084 posts
  • Portland

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:24 AM

i think this has been dead for awhile. oh well it was a great idea

#43 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:21 PM

I'm still planning on doing this.. even have the PCBs almost done being designed...

unfortunately, other (paying) products have gotten in the way of development on this product :(

I'll see if I can find the time to get some more done on it.

-Dave

#44 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:51 PM

no terrible hurry. my budget is still probably too tight to pull it off...but if you make them available, I plan to pick one up before summer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users