Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Having a problem with icing on my wiper blades as I'm driving. 2005 OB XT with stock blades on, will the Subaru brand Winter Blades help with icing? If so, how?

I've been using "Winter Blades" for as long as I can remember, and as I recall, there seems to be some less icing than regular blades.

You have a 2005 OB, right? Isn't there a pushbutton switch to the left of the steering column that activates the "wiper de-icer" at the bottom of the windshield? Works great for me.

Just my 2 bucks

I too have been using Winter Blades for quite a number of years. I used ANCO blades and wasn't impressed. They just wouldn't keep contact and didn't last very long. I've used either NAPA or TRICO winter blades. NAPA's are by TRICO and are the exact same.

I started using the NAPA blades when I was maintaining a fleet of 3 ambulances. Went thru 2 sets a year on each "bus" then they bought a Crown Vic as a "flycar" what a HEAP... :horse:Don't get me going on that thing... Wish I knew what I do now about Subaru then, I would have pushed to get one...

I use one set of Mastercraft (Canadian Tire) teflon winter blades and they last a full year. I have helper springs on the arm so they keep contact at speed.

Each december I buy a new pair and keep them for the whole year.

No place on them for ice to stick.

Dont ask why do you keep winter blades during the summer?, rather ask how long does winter last in Quebec ?