Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

i took my ea82 to autox

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pheonix165

pheonix165

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • victoria bc (canada)

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:11 AM

okay so here's the deal, i have a nissan pulsar/exa that i used for a daily for about three months when i decided to get some work done to the car...still not done :mad:

with the vmsc winter series almost over i decided it was time to dust off my helmet (actually i had to borrow one) and get out, its been almost 5 years since i was last out to an autox event but i was dieing for a track day. with my nx out of commission for the time being i took my dear (72hp) gl out for the day...

overall i was in last place finishing only a second ahead of a 1600cc miata and finishing last in class by about 2 seconds behind the class leader, 86 gti. best street car time was by a street prepped subaru wrx at 48sec and best overall time was by an sae car with 46 sec. miata taking last place at just under 60sec.

i know its bad for the car but i locked it in 4wd and gave her hell topping 7000rpm before lifting off, then breaking (needed a little more gear and didn't want to shift right before a corner). i'm thinking that if i used 4low i might have been able to use third giving me the extra gearing and torque i needed to improve my time but that wining at 60kph+ has got to be a bad sound (not that i should have been using 4wd in the first place)

anyways had lots of fun and wish i had pictures to post but apparently finishing at the back of the pack, even if it was ahead of a miata, didn't seem to warrant anyone's attention.

ps my car is bone stalk including the problematic carb and i think i might have been able to pick up a second or two with better driving

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users