Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i took my ea82 to autox

okay so here's the deal, i have a nissan pulsar/exa that i used for a daily for about three months when i decided to get some work done to the car...still not done :mad:

with the vmsc winter series almost over i decided it was time to dust off my helmet (actually i had to borrow one) and get out, its been almost 5 years since i was last out to an autox event but i was dieing for a track day. with my nx out of commission for the time being i took my dear (72hp) gl out for the day...

overall i was in last place finishing only a second ahead of a 1600cc miata and finishing last in class by about 2 seconds behind the class leader, 86 gti. best street car time was by a street prepped subaru wrx at 48sec and best overall time was by an sae car with 46 sec. miata taking last place at just under 60sec.

i know its bad for the car but i locked it in 4wd and gave her hell topping 7000rpm before lifting off, then breaking (needed a little more gear and didn't want to shift right before a corner). i'm thinking that if i used 4low i might have been able to use third giving me the extra gearing and torque i needed to improve my time but that wining at 60kph+ has got to be a bad sound (not that i should have been using 4wd in the first place)

anyways had lots of fun and wish i had pictures to post but apparently finishing at the back of the pack, even if it was ahead of a miata, didn't seem to warrant anyone's attention.

ps my car is bone stalk including the problematic carb and i think i might have been able to pick up a second or two with better driving