Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

There's a red light...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ocsike74

ocsike74

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • romania

Posted 18 October 2003 - 01:03 PM

There's a red lamp called STOP LAMP lighting when I'm putting on contact the engine on my 86" gl Coupe 4WD. After the engine's starting to work it's turnin" off. First I thought that It's the controller of the brake lamps, but it is'nt. What is that light?

#2 canajun2eh

canajun2eh

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Ottawa, ON, Canada

Posted 18 October 2003 - 01:29 PM

It's a warning lamp, to tell you when one of your brake lights is burned out. It won't warn you when both are burned out, though.
<p>
It beats having somebody stand behind your car to observe the brake lights while you tap the brake pedal.

#3 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 18 October 2003 - 02:59 PM

Are any other lamps lighting? It also indicates when the charging system is having issues. The fact that it is turning off tells me that the brushes in the alternator are going out or the belt is loose. Check your brake lights and if they are OK check the charging system.

#4 Setright

Setright

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,176 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 18 October 2003 - 04:25 PM

Aye! If it's a broken brake light bulb it should only come on when you press the brake. If both bulbs go, it doesn't come on..

#5 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,110 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 19 October 2003 - 04:46 PM

Originally posted by Setright
Aye! If it's a broken brake light bulb it should only come on when you press the brake. If both bulbs go, it doesn't come on..

Actually on my turbowagon I had a brake bulb MISSING and the light would flash with the turn signal SOMETIMES. Try figuring that one out :cornfuzz:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users