Ultimate Subaru Message Board

URGENT! Save this 79 from the crusher!

It's a brown 79 DL 4WD wagon and it's at Action Auto U-Pick in Central Point/Medford. They crushed a 75 wagon some months ago :mad: and this one headed for the smoosher soon:eek:. I asked the counter guy what I needed to do to stop that, he said they "can't" sell whole cars, but he will sell me (or you) "every part on that car" for $100. Or in other words, dissasemble it there and reassemble elsewhere. I don't know how to take a car apart but I'll provide $50, a truck, tools and help any way I can to save this classic.

The good: all body panels, glass and seats are present as are the engine, transmission I think, driveshaft, rear wheels, grille and hatch, body may have some rust but no cancer that I saw

The bad: radiator, air cleaner, gearshift, rear right taillight, front wheels/hubs, steering wheel missing, hood dented from front collision (not that bad) driver door stuck and dented in (worse but still savable I think)

Most of the interior is there too.

For a few hours of your time and fifty bucks you can have a sweet 79 wagon! :headbang:Pleeeeeeeze! I'd take it but I can't put any more cars in front of my mom's house.

they "won't" sell you the whole car for $50 ... but they probably "will" for $100... I bought a whole car from a junkyard for $200 (complete car) and they dropped it off in my driveway for free.

<edit> this is after they told me they couldn't sell whole cars for "legal reasons" (btw, I didn't get a title)

everyone has their price.