Ultimate Subaru Message Board

After having owned a lot (over 10, anyway) of GLs, I decided to build my latest GL wagon with a Legacy 2.2 liter motor. After looking around a lot, I found one in my price range in southern Utah, about 3 hours away, with apparent timing belt issues. After towing it home through a really wild snowstorm and waiting a couple of days for the 6 inches of ice to melt off in my garage, I discovered the tensioner hadn't been installed right. I reinstalled the belt and tensioner, and started it up. The water pump froze up, so I replaced that, and put in a battery. It started right up and ran great. Once I cleaned the garbage out of the car (a large garbage bag full) and washed the caked dirt off the outside, it didn't look too bad. So I ended up keeping the car and driving it. It's a 94 LS sedan, AWD automatic, and it's really a pretty nice car (especially for under $800 all together). Plus it got 28.5 MPG on its first full tank of gas. So now I'm a new generation owner as well.:)