Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6" lift and t-case.....on a legacy???

offroadsubaruguy

just wondering, has anyone yet considered this option????? i really would like to try it, but its going to take me a really, really, really long time to get everything together..... so, what would i need to do this???? other than the obvious........

same as doing it on any other subaru....do a search ;)

also, you're going to need to do at least an 8" lift, to fit the tcase and front diff. probably more like 10"

copied from the FAQ

Here is a rough list of steel you will need/use to do this project...

14pcs. of 1/4" x 2" x (8" or 10") x 2 inches long

aprox 20 feet of 1 1/2" x 1/8" wall square tube for tieing blocks together......

10 feet of 3 x 2 x 1/8 wall Rec. tube for tieing front blocks to rear blocks...This is also what the T-case will mount off of.....

Depending on how you are going to build front strut tops, you will need

10 feet of 1/4" x 3" flat bar

3 feet of 1/4" x 8" flat bar

2 pcs 1/4" x 8"x 6" flat bar

You will also need Tubing to sleave shift and 4WD linkage,

2 pcs of 1/4 x 3 x 3 angle iron for motor Mounts,

You will be building custom tranny mounts, so there is some steel in there

You will be stuffing a T-case Most likely, there will be steel involved there as well to mount it into the sub frame structure you build to connect front blocks with rear blocks.....

I did Jarods For $1500.00 Installed....this didn't include T-case , or 5 speed tranny......

All steel above is a Rough guess-timate but it will get you Started, let you see cost involved.....

Also you have to remember fuel lines and Brake lines have to be lengthened.....

you will also need front and rear diffs (maybe you'll reuse yours? but you might as well get 4.44s), front and rear driveshafts, tcase, and time.

you'll also need to modify your tranny so the center diff is locked. The DutyC is not strong enough to turn a tcase and big tires, do a search for andyjo's thread about it here in the offroad forum. Mudrat responded with some good information regarding this.

basically, i would either slightly frame it and then t case it, or i would roll cage it. either way i would make everything as high up as possible. meanin i would just cut a hole in the floor for the tcase, and just find some high angle shafts....i dont like the look of the tcase just hanging out in the middle of the car being a serious low point...

basically, i would either slightly frame it and then t case it, or i would roll cage it. either way i would make everything as high up as possible. meanin i would just cut a hole in the floor for the tcase, and just find some high angle shafts....i dont like the look of the tcase just hanging out in the middle of the car being a serious low point...

it has to be, as the input shaft on the tcase attaches directly to the rear output of the tranny. you could get a tcase that sits at an angle, but then you'd have some goofy stuff going on with the front driveshaft.

you have to build a frame under the car, the unibody is not strong enough to handle the torque of the tcase, there has to be something substantially more beefy there.....

also, remember you have to lift the car enough to mount a front diff under the tranny. And part of that means you have to find a way to attach a diff, one that's usually mounted in the rear, to the engine crossmember, and built a new engine crossmember above that (it's easier than building something new to hold the control arms, and steering rack).

This would be very cool, but it's VERY involved.

i see you're from iceland, do you know that person?

yes i am from iceland ....... i don´t know the person who owns this car directly but as it is here in iceland : if you don´t know sumbody you are likely to know sumone thad does.

sorry about my english :rolleyes:

oskar