Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy going 132mph for 24hours!

Hey Soobers:

Does anyone remember what year Subaru went to I think Talladega and ran a couple of Legacy's for 24 hours at 132mph. can't seem to find it on the web. Anyone remember this? Do you have a link?

Cheers,

Gareth

Nope this took place long before the Forrester came along, Saab had done it the year before, and Soob wanted t make a point.

-Gareth

might be wrong.. but I believe it was a lowly FORESTER..won some kind of trophy or "cup"...saw it on another SOOB website...MIKE

wasn't there a time awhile back when the impreza held the world record for the fastest production automobile.i think it was back in the early 90's.

i may be wrong but i could of sworn,cause i remember rubbing it in to some of the subie haters i used to work with.

i think it was at the salt flats?

(or i could be completely wrong,who knows.gonna have to do a search now)

edited to add link

http://www.subaru-global.com/about/history/1998-001.html#subhead-001

(270.532 km/h,what ever that means in mph)

The 1st gen Legacy set the first speed endurance record for Subaru and then there were a couple more. A turbo diesel Mercedes E-class recently set a new one.

rsra6pp.jpg

Legacy speed records:

One

Two

Three

Forester record

The Subaru global site is awesome.

I actually have a video of it i got when I bought the 1990 legacy rally car. Its a promosional vid has some cool stuff on it. Shows the cars racing on a big circle track and stuff.

wait, you bought what?

Hey Soobers:

Does anyone remember what year Subaru went to I think Talladega and ran a couple of Legacy's for 24 hours at 132mph. can't seem to find it on the web. Anyone remember this? Do you have a link?

Cheers,

Gareth

I believe this is hat you are looking for. http://www.subaru-global.com/about/history/1996-001.html Look at the bottom of the page.