Ultimate Subaru Message Board

100th post...Can't get dash screws out...

:banana: Finally made it to 100!!:banana:

How is the best way to get the screws out of the dash up behind the dash by at the defrost vents...Starting to think I need to custom make a screw driver just for it by heating one up with a torch and bending it to nearly 90 degrees.....the windshield is in the way.:confused:

My honda dash was easy, no need for special tools.

What was Subaru thinking?? ~~Lucas

Well about 3 hours later and I finally got one screw out...what a ROYAL pain in the arse!!

I know how you feel about the dash. I wanted to replace the speaker in the hatch but apparently its in the freaking vents! Someone tell me what is up with this.

I know how you feel about the dash. I wanted to replace the speaker in the hatch but apparently its in the freaking vents! Someone tell me what is up with this.
From what I can tell the speaker in the vent on the passenger side isn't too hard to get out...now I could be wrong but it looks like if you take the glove box out you can get to it. By the time I get the dash out I'll know this for sure one way or another. If I had known taking the dash out was going to be so much trouble I would have thought twice about putting new upholstry/fabric on the dash...but I do know from what I've already got done that it's all going to be worth it in the end. ~~Lucas