Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What damage happens when a Timing Belt breaks????

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 vodoobrat

vodoobrat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Meridian,Idaho

Posted 19 October 2003 - 02:41 AM

Just wondering if there is any real damage when a timing belt breaks on an EA82 motor. Or is it just a matter of replacing the belt.

Vo

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 19 October 2003 - 02:48 AM

No damage. Except your time to put on another, and perhaps your sanity if it breaks far from home.

GD

#3 myossfeece

myossfeece

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • UPinAsubaruRX, INDIANA

Posted 19 October 2003 - 03:00 AM

yeah. no damage. Subaru was smart enough to consider non inerference valves so even when completely open the piston won't smash into them.

the only thing that will damage a soob is dong a power-slide into a boat trailer:headbang:

#4 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 19 October 2003 - 03:03 AM

Hey - good to see you on the board feece - what are you driving these days? You remember me I'm sure :wave:

GD

#5 myossfeece

myossfeece

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • UPinAsubaruRX, INDIANA

Posted 19 October 2003 - 03:21 AM

Hey man I didn't make it to the showout west. That was Zanny Dook, Ro-neece, and Miles Fox. You must be mistaken me for one of these two, none-the-less Miles Fox told me about your silver 84 wagon 2wd to 4wd conversion. I'm the one with the 2wd autoshmaa converted to 4wd 5spd. d\r 88 gl sedan with gl10 intrior and a roof-rack. These days I'm drive my RX with 16inch fat wheels and 3inch suspension lift. maybe we'll meet sometime.

#6 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 19 October 2003 - 03:27 AM

Damn! I've done it again... My mind just isn't what it was apparently. I must have remembered your name from Miles when he was up here. You guys have such strange names...... pretty cool actually. I've never met anyone with names like you guys that hang with Miles. Is it just the area of the country you live in maybe?

GD

#7 myossfeece

myossfeece

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • UPinAsubaruRX, INDIANA

Posted 19 October 2003 - 03:47 AM

no it's not the county we live nyup in. It's our dookanese, and we pyock it up from the tainted water. we have bungalos, biscuits sometimes we put our bungalos nyup in a trashwagon anddrive though the mayor yard for shizzle my nizzle nyup-inthe hizzle

and sometimes when its a little fyostey out, when its pyeastin' and fyeastin' we flow a little dookanese a little something like this:
>I got Dook on my Knees
When i'm speakin my Dookanese
>And you're Dookin' with t These
and i'm Dookin' wit Ease!

those ebonickswe be spewin' from the nilcahs who be flowin they all know where we goin. that was Myoss Feece and Miles Fox cuttin nyup a rug.

#8 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,611 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 19 October 2003 - 04:13 AM

its the land of But-Tucky. Butler: the town named after But.
and the dook nougaty splookum of the land scizzape brings a fyostey twinge to the atmosphere. Whoa! HereComes Bill-Anus!!! watch out, as he attempts to pinch josh's choad!

While Zanny Dookes swings from the Nute Sack of Ro-Neece, will the glf fix the brat, or will it become another product of the Derelict Factory?

You should have had Yosh abolish the dept on the RX and hand over the Title

deebo on the chrome roof rack (I called it!) or give me back my sedan steering wheel!

#9 XSNRG

XSNRG

• Members
  • 3,657 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 19 October 2003 - 08:39 PM

You guys should stay away from that stuff so early in the day:drunk:

#10 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 19 October 2003 - 08:44 PM

Hhhhmmm - must be something in the air that we don't have out here on the left coast. Sounds like fun tho - maybe you could package it and sell it or something. hehe

GD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users