Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Saab 9000 intercooler to big.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gl-boost

Gl-boost

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:14 PM

Is the ic from a saab 9000 to big, I think it is. What about an MKIII supra has that ever been used. I am going to use the bpv from the saab also.

#2 rllywgn

rllywgn

Diff Lock Dynamite!

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Vegas Baby

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:21 AM

stay away from the supra intercooler.. they have a internal 6psi pressure loss... My supra is just begging me to put something better in it..

rllywgn

#3 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:40 AM

The 9000 IC is way too big to fit without some serious modification. It is too tall to be used as it was intended (FMIC) and too wide to be used as a TMIC

A TII RX7 IC works quite well and is easily available on ebay for under $50 shipped. WRX and STi ICs work well too, and they have a larger cooling core

#4 lastchance

lastchance

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • City

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:02 AM

WRX top mount interwarmer FTW!

Seriously.

Keep an eye on your local craigslist.

#5 Gl-boost

Gl-boost

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:26 AM

ell ok then, I only said the Supra Intercooler because I have two MKIII turbos in my yard that are mine. I hoped to fix them but have no time. I also have the Saab car also and once agin free parts. So I will look out for a small one.

#6 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:07 PM

Saab 900 intercoolers are perfect. the inlet and outlet are the same diameter as any EA82 throttlebody. They are alittle on the small side, but mount really nicely.

-Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users