Ultimate Subaru Message Board

turbo / radiator question

Bigger is better, in this case, Jim. Especially with a turbo on there. You have alot more heat being dumped back into the engine.

Price differance betwen the 1 and 2 row radiators, isn't that much, for a new one. So I would put the 2 row in, just to save future headaches.

Got a new 2 row in the '86. Bought it last year, on-line for $109.00 to my door. The price has gone up this year, thinking it's now around $125.00 plus S&H.

I'll be getting one for the '82 here shortly. Nothing wrong with the one in there now, just going to do it.

You WILL overheat. The turbo rad will dump a whole lot more heat and believe me, the turbo puts out lots of heat. You will also notice that there is a coolant line to the turbo itself (that's why the turbo water pump is different) and if you overheat, it will cook the oil in the turbo and freeze the floating sleeve bearing that the turbo runs on. Not pretty.

jim, i got my car running with thos spare parts you gave me! she rund like a scalded dog, but still dooks a little bit when warm.

anyways, it has a single row radiator, and i went around beating down some county roads last night. the radiator kept her right in the temp range, smack in the middle

i think you should be ok, since mine stays cool while romping it.