Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another (Homemade) Bearing tool

Cost more in shipping than the tool itself!:)

It does fit the bearing openings great. I thinkI will refine it with some stickers and such.

nice work dude. I love that tool. Gonna have to get you to make me one up and I'll pay for it

Hah will the stickers add more HP!?:lol:. That's awesome. Most people would say "that's ghetto" or "how backyard mechanic-ish". I say screw those people, they happen to have money coming out of their a$$ and would pay someone to do the work in the first place.

That's why I like Subarus and this board. I like doing stuff myself, even if that means it'll take longer than paying someone. Adapt, overcome, and improvise.

End Rant.

-Justin.

Make sure the bearings are started square. I just tapped them in a little so they were started, and then tightned the nut. I did one side at a time, that way I could ckeck that they were going in square. The PVC is a 2" coupler, threaded on one end and slip for the plug on the other.

The O.D. is actually 2 13/16 at the ribs.

Jon

soo.. all you do to get them in is tighten the nut down?

what is the size of the pvc?

If the stickers work, I will look into a wing, and ground effects. (and some "dubs"):)

Jon

Hah will the stickers add more HP!?:lol:. That's awesome. Most people would say "that's ghetto" or "how backyard mechanic-ish". I say screw those people, they happen to have money coming out of their a$$ and would pay someone to do the work in the first place.

That's why I like Subarus and this board. I like doing stuff myself, even if that means it'll take longer than paying someone. Adapt, overcome, and improvise.

End Rant.

-Justin.