Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Another (Homemade) Bearing tool

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pappy52

pappy52

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Camano Island, WA

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:13 PM

Another tool I made. The link http://jon.belandtec...u/bearing tool/ has more pics, shows it in use.

Jon

Attached Files

#2 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:16 PM

nice work dude. I love that tool. Gonna have to get you to make me one up and I'll pay for it

#3 pappy52

pappy52

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Camano Island, WA

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:20 PM

Cost more in shipping than the tool itself!:)

It does fit the bearing openings great. I thinkI will refine it with some stickers and such.

nice work dude. I love that tool. Gonna have to get you to make me one up and I'll pay for it

#4 [HTi]Johnson

[HTi]Johnson

Head Trauma, inc.

• Members
  • 1,512 posts
  • Coburg, Or.

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:32 PM

Hah will the stickers add more HP!?:lol:. That's awesome. Most people would say "that's ghetto" or "how backyard mechanic-ish". I say screw those people, they happen to have money coming out of their a$$ and would pay someone to do the work in the first place.

That's why I like Subarus and this board. I like doing stuff myself, even if that means it'll take longer than paying someone. Adapt, overcome, and improvise.

End Rant.
-Justin.

#5 7point62fmj

7point62fmj

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Mondamin

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:35 PM

soo.. all you do to get them in is tighten the nut down?
what is the size of the pvc?

#6 pappy52

pappy52

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Camano Island, WA

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:04 PM

Make sure the bearings are started square. I just tapped them in a little so they were started, and then tightned the nut. I did one side at a time, that way I could ckeck that they were going in square. The PVC is a 2" coupler, threaded on one end and slip for the plug on the other.
The O.D. is actually 2 13/16 at the ribs.

Jon

soo.. all you do to get them in is tighten the nut down?
what is the size of the pvc?

#7 pappy52

pappy52

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Camano Island, WA

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:05 PM

If the stickers work, I will look into a wing, and ground effects. (and some "dubs"):)

Jon

Hah will the stickers add more HP!?:lol:. That's awesome. Most people would say "that's ghetto" or "how backyard mechanic-ish". I say screw those people, they happen to have money coming out of their a$$ and would pay someone to do the work in the first place.

That's why I like Subarus and this board. I like doing stuff myself, even if that means it'll take longer than paying someone. Adapt, overcome, and improvise.

End Rant.
-Justin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users