Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA82 Bumper removal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TROGDOR!

TROGDOR!

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • 2,106 posts
  • Morgantown, WV

Posted 19 October 2003 - 11:25 AM

Any tips on removing the EA82 front bumper cover before I dig into it?

#2 StormTrooper

StormTrooper

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Humboldt County, CA

Posted 19 October 2003 - 11:32 AM

Don't remove the cover!! If you are swapping complete bumpers, removing the cover will get you no where...If you are swapping covers for aesthetics, then go right ahead.

But if you removing the whole bumper, you need to get at it from inside the hood. Pretty sure you need to remove the battery to get in there, or, its just very close. On both sides of the body under the hood are two 17 or 19mm bolts..Do not make the mistake i made and break the nuts that are spot-welded onto the bumper off, it will cause a slightly more intense headache...It should be very simple...just unscrew four bolts from under the hood, and Voila!!

Good Luck

#3 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,088 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 19 October 2003 - 04:43 PM

Yep just remove 4 bolts from the engine bay. Removing the battery DOES make it easier. Its a little harder when the bumper is tweaked like 10 degrees (my 86 battlewagon) :banghead:

#4 StormTrooper

StormTrooper

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Humboldt County, CA

Posted 20 October 2003 - 01:43 AM

you should have seen me in the J/Y...Didn't realize the nuts were spot welded on the bumper...shaved my knuckles, yelled and buymped my head, broke all four nuts off their welds, had a helluva time finding where the bolts were located, I caould have sworn they were somewhere secret...Then accidentally found where they were located, and then felt incredibly smart!

I wouldn't wish that experienmce on anyone, but I'm sure we've all done some smart stuff when it comes to fixing/screwing with cars...

good luck Trogdor. (cool name...is your name Rodgor T?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users