Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gm Alternator

HATCHY

pay specific attention to where he got his.new.if you want to get one out of a junkyard find some early 80's cadillacs.some of the alts will be 80 amp and some will be 100.just get the part numbers and stash if you have to go back for it.if you find one that is an 80 amp. you can buy an upgrade kit to switch out the brushes or something to make it 100 amps.this is really one of the easiest mods .if you have any type of ingenuity it can be done easily.

Why dont you use a 1988-90 nissan maxxima alt off the v6. Its 90 amps and depending on the belt you use you need to change the pulley Its internally regulated like the soobies and you can find them in the jy pretty cheap if you get one from the jy make sure to get the plug on the top or side of the alt. and just hook up the small wire on the plug to the small wire on harness and the medium wire to the medium wire. It has the same bolt configuration as the soobies it just has a little larger case so there is no cutting or modification to it I have one on my 86 and it works great have any questions let me know