Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Goodbye for now,.....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rweddy

rweddy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Castle Rock, CO

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:14 PM

Well sad to say we no longer have any Subaru’s in the immediate family.
After a long a draw out battle with Subaru over my 96 airbags faulty deployment (long story) we wanted something newer and with working airbags for my 90 mile daily commute.

After much deliberation and test driving newer outbacks, foresters and other vehicles, we decided on a 4th generation Toyota 4 Runner.
We wanted something that could pull our pop up camper and this would have been a stretch for our 96 or any other Subaru.
This generation of runners has both 4wd Hi/Lo and AWD and with the VVT-I engine (variable timing) I have been getting 24 mpg so not much difference from my roo. :brow:

Having owned 10 Subaru’s over the years so I will never say never again, but for the now I am roo less. My brother-in-law has his 91 and since I am the default family mechanic I will work on his time to time as needed.
This is a great message board with lots of great info and people. I will still check in from time to time and give my .02 when I can help. :clap:

#2 burtonsnowman

burtonsnowman

Banned

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • Elk (Spokane Area)

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:52 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

#3 TheSubaruChild

TheSubaruChild

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Fredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:14 PM

Thats okay, you'll always be a Subaru owner at heart. That counts as much as anything else.

Keep in touch, we know you'll be back as soon as your "Subaru dry spell" passes :)

#4 ericem

ericem

First Gen Legacy Master

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • CANADA Maple,ON

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:13 PM

NoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, BUY A FORESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR OUTBACK!! BOXER ENGINE BETTER THEN V-6!!

#5 lmdew

lmdew

_______

• Members
  • 2,809 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:37 PM

I'll have a 97 Outback with a 2.2 ready in a few weeks if you change your mind :):)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users