Ultimate Subaru Message Board

to buy or not to buy???

keltikrewser

went to the junk yard today to find some struts/springs to put into my xt and i found a '95 outback that still had the engine in it, 2.2L just right for my bug. the guy in the office said that it had over 300k on it and he didn't know if it ran. the car was a fleet vehicle for some company and it got smashed in the back end. he said i could have it for $150. think its worth it? he said i could check to make sure that it would turn over and every thing before i took it, i don't mind having to rebuild it i just don't know if its worth 150, maybe if i could get the ecu and wiring for it, i just don't know. any way just lookin for some imput

thanks

ryan

agreed, you can buy a good running 2.2 for a few more dollars. if you lived out east you could buy mine for $250 that's running with 103,000 miles. but...if supply is low out that way it might be worth it to you. $150 isn't really that much.

compression test it and see how it does. take a battery and compression tester and see what you get.