Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Worst color?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:52 PM

oh, it is not at all naturally aspirated:lol: i don`t know the measurements, but he had his cam ground by delta cams, bored ea82 intake with a 38 weber, ported and polished heads (i think the heads were decked too), high flow exhaust, msd ignition, hot plugs and wires, and a few other mods i am forgeting.

#27 SyntheticBlinkerFluid

SyntheticBlinkerFluid

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Beecher

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:40 PM

I like red, I really do, but I don't like my GL color combo, Red with a Brown Interior. I wish it could have been grey or black, but what can you do when you get a free car. :lol:

#28 Jack in Norfolk

Jack in Norfolk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • Marblehead, MA

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:45 PM

oh, it is not at all naturally aspirated:lol: i don`t know the measurements, but he had his cam ground by delta cams, bored ea82 intake with a 38 weber, ported and polished heads (i think the heads were decked too), high flow exhaust, msd ignition, hot plugs and wires, and a few other mods i am forgeting.

correct me if I'm wrong, but anything that isnt turbo or supercharged is naturally aspirated.

#29 WagonsOnly

WagonsOnly

Now only WagonsMostly.

• Members
  • 1,475 posts
  • North Central CT

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:05 AM

There's a breather tube under the dash...you blow into the tube, which feeds the intake valves, which makes it go faster. No longer "naturally aspirated":lol:

You're right, if it's not turboed or supercharged, or have some other kind of forced induction, it is naturally aspirated no matter what other mods are on it.

As for maroon, I love it--especially the new Garnet Red on the '05+ Legacies and Mica Red Pearl from the late '80s, code 685 IIRC. I just don't like hatches :cool:

#30 blownbimer

blownbimer

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Broomfield

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:47 AM

So, marron and beige are some peoples least favorite colors?

I bought my 86 because it was beige..and had sweet 80's style graphics on the sides..

And there are votes that marron is the worst...I just cant win I guess.Yea for my turbowagons being outcasts.:)
Posted Image

Thanks
Erik

#31 Jack in Norfolk

Jack in Norfolk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • Marblehead, MA

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:34 AM

I like them both, inspite of the trends and my personal likes and dislikes!

#32 Gl-boost

Gl-boost

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:00 AM

I don't think the maroon is all that bad, silver also I like silver on my Gl-10 turbo sedan I think it wears it nicely.

#33 zyewdall

zyewdall

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,132 posts
  • Ward, CO

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:33 PM

The charcoal gray/brown. That's what color my '89 GL is. Why make a car the exact color of road grime? (well, I guess it hides the road grime well.... :rolleyes: ) That's why mine quickly got a two tone green paint job on top of alot of the brown, and now looks pretty good I think. Sorry for the fuzzy picture.
Posted Image

#34 Jack in Norfolk

Jack in Norfolk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • Marblehead, MA

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

Wow, that was a touring wagon. Have you been tested for color-blindness by any chance? :grin: :grin: Just kidding. I love green subies.

#35 operose

operose

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Potsdam

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:06 PM

I like them all!!

#36 Seahag1978

Seahag1978

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,387 posts
  • Witch City

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:21 PM

That Maple/Cashmere color is just awful. Maroon is the next worst.

#37 Jack in Norfolk

Jack in Norfolk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • Marblehead, MA

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:14 PM

That Maple/Cashmere color is just awful. Maroon is the next worst.

Blownbimer- looks like another vote against your fleet :-\ Oh well, you can't please everyone. Do youhave any more pics of the beige wagon? I'd like to see the cool 80s graphics. Thanks.

#38 blownbimer

blownbimer

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Broomfield

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:48 PM

Posted Image

Its about to get some black on it too...Im gona put my WRX scoop on it, so its gona be a touch two tone...
And you can see more by going- http://photobucket.c...86 GL10T wagon/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users