Ultimate Subaru Message Board

72 gl coupe for sale on aussie ebay

just to let you know there has been a price drop to $500 start price.

Also i still haven't forgoten about the ff1's, hope you like those pics i put on the site of the old photo's i had around. i'm going to make a call to a guy who imports stuff from the states to here about return shipment for anyone who might be interested

thierry

Its not a 72 gl. The tail lights are wrong. They didn't come out until 74,unless they are replacements,as if it was damaged in a accident. My Gsr is 72 and the tail lights are different and I know for a fact that those lights are 74 model. Not that its to important as it is still a rare car. They say it has 148000kms. The early subs were in mph even in aussie unless they have converted which still does'nt add up for a car its age. It looks tidy but something is not right. I suppose I am just being picky as I am sure the owners are genuine and may not know the finer details of the car they are selling.

Its not a 72 gl. The tail lights are wrong. They didn't come out until 74,unless they are replacements,as if it was damaged in a accident. My Gsr is 72 and the tail lights are different and I know for a fact that those lights are 74 model. Not that its to important as it is still a rare car. They say it has 148000kms. The early subs were in mph even in aussie unless they have converted which still does'nt add up for a car its age. It looks tidy but something is not right. I suppose I am just being picky as I am sure the owners are genuine and may not know the finer details of the car they are selling.

Just being different would not mean it's not a 72. I have regularly found that the model and what it has is very different here to USA or NZ, etc. For instance breakerless ignition since 1979 in states, breaker points until 82/83 in oz. Can think of many many differences. All aussie released cars since the late sixties have been in km/h, and looking at interior of car this one has been in the shed and riven to the shops and back. I think this is the same coupe that was advertised on ebay last year for $3000 (aussie $$), it is now $500 and still no bids The eventual owner may get this smick coupe for a steal)

Well I still say the lights are off a later model. I read an old Aussie wheels mag from 1972 or73 and they had the GSR in it and it had the same tail-lights as mine as it should have. It is true that every country had different models and arrived in different years than others. But if you get the factory brochres on the coupes you will see that fuji didnt release those tail-lights internationaly until late 73 and were available in au & nz in74. I am sure it is a 72 but I think the lights have been changed and yes the interior is in excellant condition and would like it for my 72 GSR. My 72 is in mph and didnt know that au changed to km in the 60s. But if I am totally wrong ( which is always possible ) I will give my GSR away.(just joking)

Well I still say the lights are off a later model. I read an old Aussie wheels mag from 1972 or73 and they had the GSR in it and it had the same tail-lights as mine as it should have. It is true that every country had different models and arrived in different years than others. But if you get the factory brochres on the coupes you will see that fuji didnt release those tail-lights internationaly until late 73 and were available in au & nz in74. I am sure it is a 72 but I think the lights have been changed and yes the interior is in excellant condition and would like it for my 72 GSR. My 72 is in mph and didnt know that au changed to km in the 60s. But if I am totally wrong ( which is always possible ) I will give my GSR away.(just joking)

HeHe - if you want you can give it to me, I need another Subaru:D PS if it is the one from last year, he mentioned that it needed new front wheel bearings