Ultimate Subaru Message Board

anyone in so. cal area?

alright, as some af you may have seen in my other thread "just need a little reassurance here", i have a 88 GL with some work that needs to be done. nothing serious, but it is kind of a lot. rather than paying the mechanic for something i would love to do myself for a. cost and b. the experience, if there is anyone around this area who is willing to help me do all of this stuff, and do it well, i will pay them whatever they feel is reasonable. this might be a stretch, but i figure it might pay off. things that need to be done: major tune up, timing belt, drive belt, oil gasket (?) and pan are leaking, water pumps need replace, brakes need adjust, clutch is slipping, hoses need replace. maybe some other things. thanks in advance.

i should be in So-Cal at the end of the month, given someone on this board would help me for a change and find out whats up with my car...

I will only be there for a day, but I can do a partial tune-up, the timing belt, drive belt, oil pan gasket, the brakes and the hoses. The rest of it I have no knowledge in, plus I own an AT car.

If you needed it done sooner, I'm sure someone's out there in the area..