Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6 Grand? Ouch!!!

That would be about market price for that car in Vancouver, B.C., if it had the original engine and only 150,000 km. Two years ago, I paid C$6800 for one with 134,000 km on it, and a METICULOUS maintenance record. You can get them cheaper, but the cheap ones are often beaten on, and still expensive for what you get.

Too many klicks on the body. They will probably take $5k or less.

Subarus are much more highly valued in Canada, because we actually NEED the 4x4.

Sure, Colorado, Minnesota, etc. Lots of snow, I know. But I also see lots of cars mentioned on here, that say they have never been put into 4x4, and they don't even know if it works...

They don't last well here in Canada, either. The bodies rot. So a good one commands a premium price. EA-81's are very rare indeed.

I have a suspicion the older Subarus weren't as popular, here, either, so there isn't the number of them there is south of the 49th. This also puts up the price.

This is in my province. It will be interesting to see how much money they get for it.

Let me translate a few things for you:

"Repaired" title - car has been totaled and repaired, probably poorly.

body rust "just starting" - rust is starting to bubble through the paint and show. In reality, the car is probably full of unseen rust and is only a few years from being completely rusted out.

I bought a car similar to this a few years ago. I paid $600, not $6000, and I was feeling pretty generous that day. I'd be surprised if he gets more than $2,000 for it. But hey, if someone wants to pay $6k for it, maybe I'll have to start importing Subarus and selling them here.

The point everyone seems to be missing is that it has a non-reserve bid of $51.00. Sure the BIN is high but most are. It looks like an every day POS. Nothing special and high mileage as well. Shouldn't go for much more than a couple of hundred.

If I was selling this kind of car on eBay, I'd probably start with no reserve and a ridiculous buy it now too, like this guy, as a joke. You never know, some idiot might do it. Can't hurt to ask. You won't get the money if you don't ask.

That being said, for $6k, there better be dancing girls, a time travel device, the cure for cancer, and a box with the key to world peace in it that comes along with the car...

• 2 months later...
That would be about market price for that car in Vancouver, B.C., if it had the original engine and only 150,000 km. Two years ago, I paid C$6800 for one with 134,000 km on it, and a METICULOUS maintenance record. You can get them cheaper, but the cheap ones are often beaten on, and still expensive for what you get.

Too many klicks on the body. They will probably take $5k or less.

Subarus are much more highly valued in Canada, because we actually NEED the 4x4.

could I ask, are the drivers not accostom to the white stuff in canada or what. they need subaru's in the southern half of the states. snow in florida or virginia now they need the 4x4. be safe and be well.

Well, the Auction Petered out at $1,025.00, Reserve Not Met. Hopefully the guy ACCEPTED the highest bid, and got this "Prize" out of his garage.

I paid $1500 for my Loyale, and think it was a bit much. If I had paid 4 X that amount, I HOPE someone here would come beat the $#!+ out of me, tie me up, and push me and the Soobie into Lake Erie, to settle next to Jimie Hoffa.

Blame Canada!!!

Fat TOny - http://www.smashbandits.com :headbang: