Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Trying to remove inside door trim

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 J4Lonnie

J4Lonnie

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Denver

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:49 PM

Driver's side inside door trim. I am trying to replace the outside side mirror and it looks like I can't get to the bottom two bolts unless I remove the whole door panel. 98 Legacy Sedan

Does the whole panel there just pop off?? I started pulling on it and the front part popped off and on pretty easily. Before I went ahead and pulled the whole thing off I wanted to check here and make sure I don't break something.

please advise any tips, etc.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Chef

Chef

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • Peterborough, Ontario

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:10 PM

There is probably two bolts - one one the inside pull handle, and the other under the arm rest (or around there). You'll need to pop out the little trim piece covering them and unscrew them first. Then the panel should pop off easily. I'd take a flat-head screw driver and gently pull the edges off when it seems a little tight to pull. Be careful though, if you have power accessories in the door there will be short lengths of wire attached to them - just unclip the connectors.

Good luck!

Chef

#3 johnceggleston

johnceggleston

Lite Master of the Subaru

• Gold Subscribers
  • 6,273 posts
  • Virginia

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:45 PM

i don't think the door panel has to come off to remeove the mirror. i could be wrong but i don't think so.

Driver's side inside door trim. I am trying to replace the outside side mirror and it looks like I can't get to the bottom two bolts unless I remove the whole door panel. 98 Legacy Sedan

Does the whole panel there just pop off?? I started pulling on it and the front part popped off and on pretty easily. Before I went ahead and pulled the whole thing off I wanted to check here and make sure I don't break something.

please advise any tips, etc.

Thanks in advance!

#4 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,546 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:04 PM

Do a search on this topic, even just check back a few days, this has been covered. Two screws in the armrest, one screw at the door handle. i dont know if the panel has to come off, it may to get access to the wiring harness. The triangular trim peice pops off and behind there are the bolts for the mirror.

nipper

#5 seattlelegacy

seattlelegacy

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • seattle

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:47 PM

I swear I replied to this thread.

#6 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the