Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1998 outback wagon all door lock not working with key

Hello again

Thank you for all the great feedback on my valve noise question which turns out to be piston slap. As I mentioned in other post I just bought this car and don't have a manual.

Today I noticed that when locking or unlocking the driver side door with the key the rest of the doors don't lock or unlock as I am used to on my other wagons. Is there a button that disarms this? Or is it something I have to fix if so any ideas whre to start. I assume in the door panel somewhere.

thank you

Frank

Bluebird,

Its too long ago for me to remember on my 97 OBW, and I now use the remote on my 02 OBW to onlock all of the doors at once. If I'm correct, I seem to recall that using the key in the driver's door you could unlock all of the doors at once, if you unlocked the driver's door twice in a row quickly. Doing it once just unlocked the driver's door. Twice unlocked all of the doors including the tailgate. Am I correct, or am I thinking of one of the other cars that I've owned in the past?

I have a 97 wagon, but when I unlock the drivers door I then unlock the rest with the button on the inside, if their is someway to unlock all four with the key, then I have not known it for the ten years I have had mine.

Hello again

Thank you for all the great feedback on my valve noise question which turns out to be piston slap. As I mentioned in other post I just bought this car and don't have a manual.

Today I noticed that when locking or unlocking the driver side door with the key the rest of the doors don't lock or unlock as I am used to on my other wagons. Is there a button that disarms this? Or is it something I have to fix if so any ideas whre to start. I assume in the door panel somewhere.

thank you

Frank

Do you have a remote opener with your wagon? I bought my 99 outback w/o a remote opener and didn't know it should have had one. The Cars that I've been familiar with including my daughters Imprezza that didn't have the keyless entry opened all doors with the key whereas the ones with the remote didn't. I bought a fob on ebay and programmed it to work with my car. not a hard process with lots of web help available. bob