Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1998 outback wagon all door lock not working with key

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluebird

bluebird

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • washington, DC

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:58 PM

Hello again

Thank you for all the great feedback on my valve noise question which turns out to be piston slap. As I mentioned in other post I just bought this car and don't have a manual.

Today I noticed that when locking or unlocking the driver side door with the key the rest of the doors don't lock or unlock as I am used to on my other wagons. Is there a button that disarms this? Or is it something I have to fix if so any ideas whre to start. I assume in the door panel somewhere.

thank you

Frank

#2 gbhrps

gbhrps

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • canada

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:06 PM

Bluebird,
Its too long ago for me to remember on my 97 OBW, and I now use the remote on my 02 OBW to onlock all of the doors at once. If I'm correct, I seem to recall that using the key in the driver's door you could unlock all of the doors at once, if you unlocked the driver's door twice in a row quickly. Doing it once just unlocked the driver's door. Twice unlocked all of the doors including the tailgate. Am I correct, or am I thinking of one of the other cars that I've owned in the past?

#3 tcspeer

tcspeer

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • Walnut Springs

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:59 PM

I have a 97 wagon, but when I unlock the drivers door I then unlock the rest with the button on the inside, if their is someway to unlock all four with the key, then I have not known it for the ten years I have had mine.

Hello again

Thank you for all the great feedback on my valve noise question which turns out to be piston slap. As I mentioned in other post I just bought this car and don't have a manual.

Today I noticed that when locking or unlocking the driver side door with the key the rest of the doors don't lock or unlock as I am used to on my other wagons. Is there a button that disarms this? Or is it something I have to fix if so any ideas whre to start. I assume in the door panel somewhere.

thank you

Frank

#4 bdecriscio

bdecriscio

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • altoona pa

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:08 PM

Do you have a remote opener with your wagon? I bought my 99 outback w/o a remote opener and didn't know it should have had one. The Cars that I've been familiar with including my daughters Imprezza that didn't have the keyless entry opened all doors with the key whereas the ones with the remote didn't. I bought a fob on ebay and programmed it to work with my car. not a hard process with lots of web help available. bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users