Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rogue Roo's trail trip, 22nd Nov

This will be the maiden trail trip for the new Southern Oregon group of Soob nuts, the Rogue Roo's, named for our location, the Rogue Valley. Although anyone is invited to come along with us, we will be out in search of mud and snow if at all possible, so far it's lookin like it's going to be a really warm winter, but with luck, next month will bring on the fluffy white stuff. A location has yet to be concluded, but it will prolly be out of either White city, or Jacksonville as there are some pretty high locations up there, and it's the center of the Valley. Hope to see you there!

If I had time and money to put a lift on my GL I would make the trip down, I would join you guys. I never got a chance to do any wheeling over in the Rougue valley while I was attending OIT. There were enough places to go in the Klamath Basin, I didn't see the need to go over to that side of the mountains.

There was this place that we did some field manuvers in a few months back out that way. It wasn't too far outside of Keno, Oatman lake, or sumpin like that. It was pretty kewl out there anyways, I was doing the Army thing so I couldn't go out and explore, would be kewl to go check the place out. It's not too far outside of town, and I think I can remember how to get out there. We took Dead Indian. Might be a good place to go.

Right on, that means that we have a guide in the area if we jump over the hill.

I got to thinking, and a lot of our rigs are set up for sand use (specially the two guys outa Ashland) I haven't been to the dunes in a while, so I'm thinking a trip either to sand lake, christmas valley, or the coast would be a kewl trip. Sand makes for a very interesting experience, and way fun!

I might have to change weekends though, I havent' been able to find out what my drill dates for next month are, and I'm hopeing that they aren't that weekend, but with my luck, and the way everything has gone for me as far as Soob runs in the past, it will turn out to be. Might push things back to the weekend after thanksgiving, maybe a Christmas tree run!?

I'm a bit late on seeing this but would you guys like the info on getting to another fun area? I'll try to get you to say yes by attaching a few pics... not the best but show the areas where we would play the most when on the trail. It's the type of trail that would be a blast in a Subaru, stock or modded.

Only hint I'll give you about this area is that there are actually labeled "4wd" roads in this area and this trail is one of them.

Pic #1 is near the start, just after going past the "gate keeper"...the gate keeper is basicly a gravel pit and going past a tippy/washed out section, always caused my wife to grin.

post-60-136027585712_thumb.jpg

Last pic of the best place to get that image/picture to mount on your wall... the water crossing which is an option. It's actually near the start of the trail but it's also sort of the main intersection to the other trails in the area, good lunch stopping spot mid day exploring the twisted mess of trails.

The water level isn't always the same, sometimes very low(end of summer) or rather high(late winter/early spring)... this was mid/late spring about the end April...snorkel went on the next day and what's even funnier is that I had the snorkel in the bed of the truck, just not on yet as this trip was a last minute idea and took away from the install. BTW: Toyota, 3" lift, on 35's...top of hood was at about 40" or so high from ground.:brow:

post-60-13602758574_thumb.jpg

I found some new tight twisty trail up on "John's Peak" yesterday. I would have run them all, but I had my boys with me and 2 of them had some big "tip hazards" on them:headbang: I think that there are enough trails up there to last all day! And SOME of them looked to nasty even for me:eek:

Alot of these trails are Quad trails,(the reason I drive a small 4x4) so they are tight, and LOTS of fun:D

I assume you know but... In the John's Peak area you DO need an OHV permit. You have one right? Just trying to keep the Soobies from getting those $250 min tickets:D

Last time I went up to John's Peak I just about rolled my Toyota, it would have rolled into my friends Toyota which was on edge to roll too:eek: Never went back as it's mostly an ATV/moto area.

soobme - did you see this invite, USMB special Haz-Fest invite