- Engine has serious stumble after the first time I turn it on and drive away in first or after upshift to second gear.
- Stumble feels like running out of gas.
- Gas tank full; also happened as tank ran down to under five gallons onboard.
- Recovers/stumble ends when reved in neutral to above 4K a few times.
- Never occurs after first occurance. Once it has sumbled and recovered the stumble does not return for duration of drive.
- Does not matter if engine is hot or cold; does act slightly different when the engine is cold--seems to do for shorter time and less severe.
- Engine starts perfect with no throttle pedal needed. When warm, the engine spims at 1200 rpm, then drops to 800 (or so, I haven't got a secondary tach to check exact engine speed).
My first thought was the fuel filter but it doesn't show during any other time. Now I think it is somehow choke related, but....?
Any ideas out there why this may be happening?