Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Opinions on an RX

Well, I just made a deal to buy an '87 RX. I was glad to finally find one, so I bought it. Impulse buy! Hope I got a good deal, what do you guys think?

1987 RX 2 Door

almost no rust

new battery

new coolant hoses for the turbo

cargo cover works

all hub caps

body kit is complete

analog dash

dual range full/time and LSD are present

The engine is a little on the loud side, but it seemed, on the short test drive, to run and drive well.

$625

Yahoo! My third Sube!

The one that looks liek it jsut rolled off the show room floor will be like the GL-10, a realiable daily driver. The GL-10 and RX will back each other up, and both will be semi-show cars. Since both are in IMMACULATE condition...

The RX i have now is...its had a hard life. Totaled in 93, and since then, been pulled out of a junkyard more than once. The frame is bent, the car sits wrong, one side is higher than the other, rust here and there, the paint job not great, and all kinds of little things here and there. Its gonna get stripped down even more, and hopefully straightened, and seal welded. Full FIA cage, and so on..........

Can you say: "Leone RX WRC"

I have owned 3.

First one, blown motor $500 buck s. But that was about 6 years ago so it was a newer car then.

Second one, a Sedan had been totaled and rebuilt. I think I paid close to $400. New oil pump and extra heads.

Last one, best deal of all except the body was a bit better on the first. I think I paid like $600 and it runs

Mine came with the eight hole rally wheels when I got it.

Wouldn't it be an option for the year car offered?

They do it now. Why not in 1987?

Does anyone have any 1987 literature?

Wouldn't it be nice if FHMW kept up with this kind of stuff and had a database somewhere.

I totally agree with the hubcaps being bland. Kind of a factory sleeper look in 87 though.

Jay

oh no - maybe yours isnt a REAL RX!!!!!! hurry and check the VIN before the USMB gods banish your car to "wannabe" status.

its a goddamn conspiracy!

jay, they didnt ONLY come with hubcaps...

actually you could get them with whatever wheels you wanted to at the time, the white hubcaps that everybody associates them with were just specific to the car. the also made a gray version of that hubcap that appeared on some XTs and others...ive seen RXs with H alloys, the wheels you mentioned and others.

Yep, I've had 3 true RXs and one that had a RX VIN, but no RX markings, all were 3drs, one of them I sold to Richie, which is the last one he bought, I turned one of them into Ultimate RX, and the other was in my possession for about 6 hours before I sold it. The one that had the VIN, but no markings was scrapped.