Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northfork Snow Run NW WA Deming

Hey Scott, I will be back in the area after may 7th for a couple five years. I will go wheel'n with ya whenever you want (finally got the wagon lifted). I got some pretty good places to go so long as my gate keys/combo's still work. Where have you found in Whatcom/Skagit area, hopefully I can add to your list.

If we made some of these offroad trips on a Sunday would that be so horrible? i work saturdays, and can usually get them off, but that means a hit to the paycheck.

I have no idea where demming is, but i could be counted as in, and if Amanda needs a ride, i got extra seats.

The trails up North Fork are still closed yes. Last Friday I went up Church Mountain and caught a couple trails off that. I wasn't as narrow or daring as you kids were on the North Fork ones but I must say that the roads (to even an authorized hiking trail) were windblown (trees down) and over grown (Perfect to take the Tacoma!) and there is stll snow in selected parts. (see pic... that there above the rocks where the water is coming out... yah.. thats a big mass of snow) There isn't alot of snow on the roads- just what there is of it is realllyyyy wet.

I went up Sumas mountain after that to attempt to reach the cell towers/border patrol sensor/camera relay station at the top and I stopped as soon as I saw that the truck before me didn't make it. There are a few trails up there that I wouldn't mind following a bit more.

post-953-136027607514_thumb.jpg