Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Compass problem- anybody had this?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shoupart

shoupart

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:28 PM

So my compass suddenly has given out and no longer is accurate. The only two direction it will display is NW and NE, no matter which way I'm headed.

Does anybody know what might have caused this and if it's an easy fix I could do?

#2 mikkl

mikkl

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Cinci

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:13 PM

Have you tried disconnecting it from the power source (there is a plug on the back of the mirror) for about 30 seconds and then plugging it back in again?

There is also a reset procedure that should be detailed in your owners manual--I just don't remember it off the top of my head.

mikkl

#3 Sydfloyd44

Sydfloyd44

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Central PA

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:48 PM

We have been seeing this more and more after replacing windshields. We obviously remove the rear view mirror for the replacement and when we reinstall and plug the power back in, we have customers coming back with this problem. Mikkl is right about going to your owners manual. There are instructions to do it. There are usually 2 different options, one of them is to press a certain button to put it into the calibration mode and then drive in a circle 3 times. Yes, sounds weird, but read your manual and that is what it will probably say. The other typical option just allows you to set to the calibrate mode and then just drive for a period of time. My 04 4Runner has settings for where you live in the country/world. It then auto calibrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users