Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

my new toy... 88 RX coupe

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:54 PM

Well I just got my RX today. 76,000 original miles. Damn near mint condition. got a cracked tail light on one side. Needs T-belts to run but other than that, its a sweet car.

Got it for 200 bucks

#2 Zoombaru

Zoombaru

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Denver

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:59 PM

Wow, nice! Any pics? The last $200 Suby I bought had more than 100,000 more miles than that and needed a hell of a lot more than timing belts. You got a great deal. Especially for an RX.

#3 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:06 PM

S-c-o-r-e!

#4 DerFahrer

DerFahrer

Formerly subyluvr2212

• Members
  • 2,411 posts
  • Orlando, FL

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:08 PM

OMG, what a find. That needs to happen to me!

#5 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:28 PM

well there was a long battle to getting the car. the owner of it was out of Alaska all winter, and the guy who was fixing it went out of buisness and left the state, but he parked the car at his house.

We got ahold of the mechanic and the owner said he wanted his car back and we were gonna go get it. So I have the legal title in my hands. I started to attempt to get the car back in September so it took 6 or 7 months to get it worked out.

The reason why I got the car so cheap, was its been sitting for a year. The owner assumed that it was parted out so he figured he was at a complete loss. When I told him I knew where the car was, he said give me 200 bucks and its yours. I was really happy to hear that because the old mechanic wanted 1500 bucks for the car....

#6 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:34 PM

Nice job. I can only hope you can find a good 2.2 for my swap the same way you nabbed the rx.

#7 Brumby Boy

Brumby Boy

ozzy subaru nut

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • Tsvl, QLD, Australia

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:48 PM

Man thats awsome i want no need an rx but have never seen 1 in oz i have to look into importing 1

#8 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:19 PM

god I love spring break up.. soobies for sale everywhere.

#9 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:59 PM

Dang!:eek:

That is an awesome score, Brad! If I remember correctly, you'd been wanting an RX for quite some time. Now you've finally got one.

Is it running yet?

#10 Brumby Boy

Brumby Boy

ozzy subaru nut

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • Tsvl, QLD, Australia

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:47 AM

i need some pics to drool over

#11 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 02 April 2006 - 07:50 AM

I'll try to get a camera and get you guys some pics. I'm gonna go mess with it tommorow and get it running and attempt to drive it to my shop with expired tags. Then the body kit is coming off and project rally car is beginning

#12 Jerry DeMoss

Jerry DeMoss

Pushrods 'O' Fury

• Members
  • 2,408 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:39 AM

Nice score torxxx.Is it rusty?Lots of subies seem to get rusty pretty quick in Alaska.That 76,000 on the odo. is insane.What color is it?Sweet!:banana:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users