Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Scum of the earth strike again

Thought i would add too this thread instead of starting another one. My girlfriend lives in south surrey,british columbia. Her folks live in a very nice private housing estate.. i call it the rich district or upper food chain.. I love my justy good gas mileage and just had a new motor put into it. Great when seeing her once a week. Just need too convince her folks having a subaru "justy" is a good thing. My problem is no matter where you live my car was broken into. Talk about putting a screw driver and destroying a lock. Took the digital camera home telephone tools and my micro set.. Anyone have any ideas on anti theft ideas? I was thinking of putting together a steel box for the back and setting up a motion sensor in a box with a back up alarm.. anyone have ideas?

bobby

deming,wa

mometal77

Thought i would add too this thread instead of starting another one. My girlfriend lives in south surrey,british columbia. Her folks live in a very nice private housing estate.. i call it the rich district or upper food chain.. I love my justy good gas mileage and just had a new motor put into it. Great when seeing her once a week. Just need too convince her folks having a subaru "justy" is a good thing. My problem is no matter where you live my car was broken into.

your first line of action should be to not part in surrey!:-p

surrey is or was at one point the car theft capital of the world... hence i try my best to never ever ever go there... (i feel scared in surrey)

also avoid burnaby... i have to go to school everyday there but the bcit parking lot is pretty secure...

always remove your deck faceplate and TAKE IT WITH YOU, and any other nice expencive toys... the only way to stop people from stealing things from your car is to have nothing to steal...:)

I've alwayed wanted to install a remote controlled det pack into my car, so if it ever got stolen I could push a button and blow the crap out of it and whoevers driving it :D

selfdestruct.gif

I made a few protypes on some cars at the junkyard near me, they worked pretty decent. Though I never really trusted my electronics enough to put the final product in my ride. I was always worried I might pic up some random radio noise interference and spontaniously combust myself.

carbomb.gif

This is an old black and white of the prototype :)

Peace, Fishums

:eek: Jeeze fishums, I'd guess you can expect a gray sedan and two or three guys in darks suits and sunglasses knocking on your door any minute now.

And it ain't MIB!

Didn't Mel Gibson have something like that wired up to his Last of the V-8 Interceptors (RHD Grand Torino, IIRC)in Road Warrior? Cool idea, but I'm a bigger fan of, like, remote-controlled attack robot wallabys or something. EA82-powered of course.

That was a ford falcon, XB or XC.

"Its my snake, I trained it, I am going to eat it!"

Thats what you need, a nasty big tiger snake. Let him sleep in the car every night.

Or a tasmanian devil, they would only find his boots heels and his belt buckle, the rest is edible.

Didn't Mel Gibson have something like that wired up to his Last of the V-8 Interceptors (RHD Grand Torino, IIRC)in Road Warrior? Cool idea, but I'm a bigger fan of, like, remote-controlled attack robot wallabys or something. EA82-powered of course.

Remote controlled robot attack wallabys? I used EA-71 powered Koala's when I did that :D Couldn't get the motion sensors to fit in the wallabies head!

rCKoala.gif

Yeah I know, I had to use a stuffed toy one! PITA wasn't to happy with the prototype model. Plus the red filling just made a horrible mess of the circuits! And it was a pain to cram that boxer motor in, it made the poor thing look like it'd seen one to many buffet diners!

Fishums

Hay goodnews ive been looking at carsales.com.au and have found several sierra's and brumby's. hopefully i will get insurance money soon and den a small loan and a new car hopefully one of the two lifted red sierra's or one of the good condition brumby's :banana::headbang::burnout::clap: so if you get a chance i would appreciate it if you could have a look at them and tell me what you think.

www.carsales.com.au

Your right but it was in an estate with houses all around and a dead end street. I was thinking of putting up a mercury or what is called a vibration switch in a box with a back up alarm. After seeing that guy in seattle that had his sub broken into within a few seconds and driven away suprised what goes on. Now a days people will even just vandalize a car for no reason at all. Thanks for the advice in burnaby. Even if you dont have anything too steal in the car people still get it. Talked with a guy in new west and his whole truck was stolen with all his equipment valued at 100k insurance wouldnt cover it all he said. One friend had his tools stolen and got a call from a pawn shop in portland oregon. They bought his tools from the thieves and called my friend. He drove down there and re bought them. Me i would have went and took them without paying what happened here with a guy that had his generator stolen. He walked right up too the pawn shop and stole back his generator he had the receipt and they called the cops on him. Couple came home and someone got a moving vehicle backed up too the house the thieves cleared out the whole house nothing left when the owners got home. Same with a local shop that was hit twice in a month they even had locks inside of the steel door no good lol.. ugh..

bob

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh this is where revenge gets sweet. You could either call the cops, or you could have some fun and then call the cops. If you have a spare set of keys, you could just drive off with it. I'm a big fan of waiting in the bushes and surprising the culprit.

Get that Brumby BACK!

• 2 weeks later...