Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I can't hold it in

Tonight I finally got around to at least peeling the tape off of the RX body kit that barracuda sent to me. I walked it over to my sedan to see if it would match up or if it had to be shortened or anything. *Note: I only attempted the side skirts, nothing else. (this goes for the rest of the story too) Anyway, On my way back to the garage I have to pass my BRAT and just happened to notice that it looks about the same length. So me being me, I put the side skirt up against the BRAT and it appears that it fits perfect. Not only that but it looks really cool on a BRAT. Tomorrow, I will see if the rest will match up. I was going to keep this a secret but I am too excited, was afraid someone else may beat me to the idea, and I will probably never get around to doing it so I thought I would share the idea. Just for the record, It was MY idea (For future reference) :D Boz

yall and your fake rx's...

pfff.. RICERS...

j/k im just stirrin the bowl, and workin on the post count...

I like the kit on the rx, and the ultimate would be to see that on a brat, or a wagon... I bought my rx because its different, i like different, so - POST PICS.. its pretty boring down here in texas you know...

Originally posted by TheSubaruJunkie

Here's a couple idea's.

1) dont stir the pot

2) build your post count by contributing to the discussion (ie, NOT stirring the pot).

My Brat will not be a ricer, it will be a rice eater

-Brian

1)it was a joke....

2)calm down..

3)I have a spare RX kit im going to put to use on my isuzu drift car..

a subaru could never be rice...

sorry i rubbed you the wrong way...

Originally posted by PHATBRAT

it's all cool with me. Let me know if you change your mind about the kit. I will be first in line. Boz

i would offer it, but id prolly get jumped by 1000 people,

and.. my drift car needs it, it looked so mean when i had my girlfreind and my friend hold the side skirt up there for me to check out.. although, it would look really nice on a brat...

im conflicted now :banghead:

Brian, the sedans don't have the same aero kit that the 3drs do. They usually had a front air dam, a little flare thing by the rear door, and a rear spoiler that mounted on the trunk.

PHAT, all of the EA82s have the same wheel base, and share most of the body parts. The only problem that I have heard about it putting the rear lower dam on a wagon, the lower valence (sp??) in different. I'm not sure about the EA81s, but they do seem to be about the same size, but I thing the EA82s are wider.

I know of one Brat with an aero kit on it. It looks Ok but not perfect. The Brat is indeed narrower and it requires splicing of the front and rear pieces to fit. The side skirts should be heated a little to stretch them out to fit better. They are not quite long enough.

Originally posted by AKIRA

Holy crap! I didn't know there were that many, of course I don't go anywhere but older subarus, so that could be a factor.

Member count was 1580 or so last time I looked.. Not as good as the 5000 or so on the old board, but getting there:D