Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Vaccum Lines to Climate Controls are WRONG! *PICS*

hello to all! so i was driving home from chico this weekend, and i figured out that my climate controls dont work! woohoo!! yay no defroster in crazy rain with the fog of DEATH!

*whew*

ok, so none the less i read and research (before i post, like a good little USMB monkey that i am) and i cant find quite what im looking for... so! i need to know what to do and where this thing goes... what thing? ok i'll show you...

this is how the vacuum lines looked before i bought it.

vacuumtube1.jpg

So then i screw around for a month before i go and purchase the car (like a year ago or so now...) and now the vacuum lines look like this...

a.jpg

SO! does anyone know where exactly the routing goes? i realize there is a hard line missing... i will get one. but as soon as it runs accross... what then? theres this mess over on the drivers side....

b.jpg

*shudder* But i dont know what im looking at.... i know its a big question, with probably a LOT of explination. but i will sincerely appriciate it! and make you a HOT DOG at WCSS!!! SWEET!!!

that should get everyones typing fingers juiced! hehe... i bet juced typing fingers look like hot dogs...

....moving on..

....... that T junction from what i can tell is going to the correct place. for some reason its moved to the top nip. but it does go into the intake manifold.. i can post a video of the engine bay and see where it gets me if that would help everyone out.

and just to show ... this is where one end of the T ends up:

d.jpg

Thanks again for your help!!!! I NEED DEFROST! :)

thanks!

Luigi :)

First of all, let me tell ya that subies did came with many various climate control versions... even the same year model, did came sometimes with "Panasonic" or "Hitachi" Systems... etc... and even it may vary from state to state.

If your car is a Loyale, and by the pics I saw I can tell ya that your Climate Control Config is Almost the same of my 1985 EA82 Loyale, so let me exoplain you how to fix it up:

ClimateControlHosesDiagram.jpg

Also you need to know that if your A/C Compressor is Hitachi, the Whole System uses Three Realys: One at the Back Side of the Main Fuses Box (Inside the Car) And another two, in the Engine Compartment (See my Drawin´ for Details).

I must tell ya that if the whole system didn´t work, Replace them with Bosch ones, they are way better. I Done that and climate control works fine. Like new.

Bosch Relay + Socket:

BoschRelaySocket.jpg

Bosch Relay Wirin´ Diagram:

(Remember, pin 87a, if avaliable, is unused in Subarus)

RelayCircuits.jpg

Good Luck! :)

NO!!! Keep the T!! That T is for your diff lock switch (we talked about this last night). HTi, unless you have looked under the hood of a RX or GL10 with a diff lock, you wouldnt have seen it.

These solenoids also appeared on the Single Range gearbox models (switches box from FWD to 4WD)

As I Said, there goes the Complementary Pics... I do not have internet at home, so I went in the afternoon to a Cybercafé and the internet was down...

Well, anyway; I hope those pics may help you...

Best Regards. :)

S3022298.jpg

S3022284.jpg

Hey...I have that thing to but nothing is hooked up to it...what does it do?

If you are writin´ about the "Thing" that I Called "Accelerator Actuator" on the Intake Manyfold...

Well: it only works when you press the Air Conditioner button, then a electrical signal did "Open" a thiny door in the thinner hose (Just where the Tee divides the thiny hose in two hoses, one did came to the small elctric door with the vacuum strenght from the intake -from the Tee- and the other goes with this vacuum strenght when a electric signal is received) So, when the "Door" is Open, the second thiny hose that comes from the "Door" will "Suck" the diafragm inside the "Accelerator Actuator"

The objetive of it, is that when you turn on the Air Conditioner, the engine´s idle became more higher, Just a Li´l bit; to compensate the extra hardness that the A/C Pump gives to the Idlin´ Belts.

I Hope that is the "Thing" You was Writin´ About. Any other question, just ask me! :)

Please Remember that "English" is Not my Mother Tongue, Here in Honduras we speak Spanish... so Excuse me for my bad spellin´

PD: Thank you moshem74 Soo much, for your nice comments about my EA82! :)