Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bay Area Meet... Early May?

I dunno... are we?

Jeremy... i didnt know you were working on a legacy. This upcomming weekend Im gonna be traveling to Reno so maybe when we're done with Jibs I can lend a hand.

Russ... do you have an address for Mt.Hamilton? The Park that we met at the Impreza meet was a nice little place, and the observatory at the top was neat as well. I think that would be a cool place to have a mini-meet.

1st weekend of May would put us at May 5th & 6th. Shall we agree on that then? Which is better, saturday or sunday? Im thinking Sunday shouldnt be as packed as Saturday... but maybe the observatory closes early?

-Brian

I dunno... are we?

Jeremy... i didnt know you were working on a legacy. This upcomming weekend Im gonna be traveling to Reno so maybe when we're done with Jibs I can lend a hand.

Russ... do you have an address for Mt.Hamilton? The Park that we met at the Impreza meet was a nice little place, and the observatory at the top was neat as well. I think that would be a cool place to have a mini-meet.

1st weekend of May would put us at May 5th & 6th. Shall we agree on that then? Which is better, saturday or sunday? Im thinking Sunday shouldnt be as packed as Saturday... but maybe the observatory closes early?

-Brian

the 5th / 6th would be a friday / saturday.

saturday would probably be best for me.

highway 130 is the road that runs all the way over the top from San Jose to highway 5. 70 miles of turns. the park we met at last time is Joseph D grant county park. Its 10 miles east of San Jose. Its a nice place never really gets too crowded unless there is an event there. The observatory is 10 miles east of the park. There are good views and some telescope/Historical things to look at. then road runs another 50 miles out to highway 5 or you can split off and go north to livermore. there is a little OHV park on the back side(east) called Frank Raines regonal park.

there are little to no services for the whole distance. one little hole in the wall place called the junction. jut a stop for Bikes and ranchers.

This is a convenient location for me but it would appear to be a bit of a drive for the sac reno crew.

I will be up In the area between Napa and Clear lake on april 29th and 30th maby somthing up there would be more centraly located for people?

I got off on some dirt roads that went for a long ways up north of clear lake last year.

Jeremy... we're getting a wood chipper and taking care of those piles of brush he has at his house.

Russ, i think your right. Mt. Hamilton is gonna be one heck of a drive for us. Isnt clear lake north of Sacramento??? That would make the drive even longer for you than everyone else.

-Brian

Jeremy... we're getting a wood chipper and taking care of those piles of brush he has at his house.

Russ, i think your right. Mt. Hamilton is gonna be one heck of a drive for us. Isnt clear lake north of Sacramento??? That would make the drive even longer for you than everyone else.

-Brian

yeah it would be but if we do it the last weekend of this month I will already be there.

I dunno... are we?

-Brian

well i've been waiting on what you guys decide. Mt. Hamilton? is nice cuz' we wouldn't mind the drive to San Jose. the problem is if my wagon will make it up or not. the last time we went up there was in my dad's Toyota Tacoma Double Cab (4fulldoors) he used to have and after seeing the climb i don't know if my suby will make it. i wonder if i would make it up with out breaking down :rolleyes: . Napa sounds good no big climbs.

• 2 weeks later...
depending on the date, i should be able to make it!

btw hope to meet up w/ you guys soon enough.

What part of CA are you from and whats your ride? It's good to see more members from this area joining the group. Hope to meet up with you soon if we ever get this meet going. :confused: