Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Wagon Project pics...

It finally cleared up enough today for me to uncover the car and get it running. Took a couple laps around the block, and took some nice new pics, concentrating on the engine bay:

Body1.jpg

Body12.jpg

Eng18.jpg

Eng5.jpg

Eng7.jpg

Eng23.jpg

Eng22.jpg

Nothing new though... Still waiting on paint/smog repair money :rolleyes:

That is an awesome looking wagon. Nice and straight. What is the interior like.Have you done all the panel work as it looks very nice.They still look butch which is a good thing.

The interior was actually in better shape than the exterior when I got it. But it needs carpet in the front... Ill finish up the interior last, after the engine and paint.

hey how'd you get your grill so pretty?

you paint it? just clean it? how? i wanna do the 3rd eye conv on mine and having the grill super nice like yours would be a ++...:)

oh and the trim on the hood and around the turn signal lights... what did you use to paint it? how did you prep it? any chipping anything taking place? i really like the look but i don't want it to chip and look gross within a month... :rolleyes:

hey how'd you get your grill so pretty?

you paint it? just clean it? how? i wanna do the 3rd eye conv on mine and having the grill super nice like yours would be a ++...:)

oh and the trim on the hood and around the turn signal lights... what did you use to paint it? how did you prep it? any chipping anything taking place? i really like the look but i don't want it to chip and look gross within a month... :rolleyes:

Its called "bumper paint", ive used it on a few things before like wipers on my Impreza and my old grill. I usually sand the surface first then do like 3 or 4 layers. It holds up ok, but it wont last forever, probably a couple years. The cool thing is its not hard to just spray another coat or two on when it needs it.

It might work better if you spray some kind of paint adhesive surface first before spraying the actual paint on, but I havent tried that yet.

• 1 month later...

:slobber::eek::slobber::eek: <----- Thats what I looked like when I saw that thing. AWESOME. It really looks good! Keep it up, there's a ton of detail in there. I'm gonna start working on a 79 Brat and I want it to look like your wagon when I'm done with it.

do you have a lift? if not do those tires rub? did you have to cut/hammer anything?

No lift, I think the tires measured out to only an inch or something bigger than stock. I could be wrong, but I remember seeing another post somewhere back.

do you have a lift? if not do those tires rub? did you have to cut/hammer anything?

I'm cutting an hammering right now, even my stock wheels/tires rubbed, so these 215/60/14's rub alot

I'll have pics later

No rubbing, not even close.

What wheels are you using? The offset on the pugs is helping alot with the clearance, and the fenders are sooooo far away from the tires that its not an issue :P