Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone have Winterforce tires ?

These tires are one of a few available in a 175-70-13 size and nicely priced at $33/ea. at tirerack.com. I only drive the Soob in winter and I would like to hear any feedback on these if anyone has run them. I did a search and I did not get any hits and I haven't found any other reviews.

Thanks all,

Chad L

87 GL-10 Turbo 5-speed LSD

Oshkosh, WI

Yes, just bought some a couple of weeks ago. The tread compound is soft, but I haven't had them long enough to judge wear. I do / have run a lot of gravel roads almost daily (with the odd 4 wheel drift / powerslide not uncommon) and have not noticed any chunking or appreciable wear. The tread pattern is pleasantly aggressive. No snow as yet, but they grip quit well in deep sand and mud. For the $33 dollar price I am very happy with them so far.

The only caviat: I noticed quite a bit more tendancy for the car to squirrel around on these compared to my previous All Seasons, but I contribute that to the much softer compound. They are not scary or anything, and I adapted to the new handeling after a day or two.