Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got some parts for the Brat

I just got home from Tom's Brats house. What an awesome guy. I helped him strip this parts '79 Brat of what it was worth. Body was pretty far gone due to someone not knowing how to do bodywork (rust where the bondo used to be). This guy even had lists or parts people were looking for such as TwoWagons and cricket. He'll probably be sending you two a couple PM's if he hasn't already. The list of parts I got isn't too long but its things I've been needing. I got me a tailgate (sorry TwoWagons, not the best shape and we decided he could find one better for you), some blue carpet which I'm either going to dye black or use as a template to make some new carpet, wiring harness for the engine compartment, the trim piece that screws to the back of the bed to hold in the bed carpet, a few little odds'n'ends, and a instrument cluster. I'll probably be looking for more parts such as a windshield (kinda broke the one in the parts car:eek: ), and a set of tailights as well in nice shape if I don't decide to try to retrofit a set of gen 2 lights into it. Hopefully tomorrow, I can start on more of the body and get it closer to paint. I can't wait... he he he:banana:

i have a set of nice gen 1 tail lights if you are interested.

i`ve spoken to Tomsbrats a couple times, really friendly guy, with some awesome ideas, i think he was going to put a TTej20 in his brat:D

really? I might be hitting you up for those here before too long. Just gotta get some parts shipped out to you first:-p