Ultimate Subaru Message Board

fun with boost!

I have a 88 turbo wagon. I decided to put a cone filter on it today. As I started taking it apart I noticed it had a different air meter than the 88 RX I had. So after adding the filter, I pulled off the bottom 2 hoses from the wastegate and put on manual boost controller. First pull was 11psi !!!! I was stoked so I grabbed an old intercooler I had from a GVR4 and stuck that on too.

Summary: It sounds good, 10psi is better than 7.5 and I now need a hood scoop. The best part is it cost me less than $50 bux.

Josh

The build date on my car was 06/88

I weeded out about half the vacume lines today and capped the one I missed on the install. Up next is a catch can and no more burning oil. I am woking on getting a scoop. and I still need to beat up my cats :D .

I was thinking about the power supply to the fuel pump. Any thoughts. Anybody in washington have any lines on injector cleaning?

Josh

who would have thought 10 psi felt so good.

Originally posted by carfreak85

RC engeneering does a good job. dont know where they're located, but out of state for sure! not cheap eather, but i trust em!

Yep, they are $25.00 per injector. Don't send in your injector o-rings with your injectors. They are liable to keep them and not replace them with new ones. That happened to me once. L8Rs

BTW: A guy mentioned this site on another site and said they had a fast turnaround.

C&C Motorsports Automotive