Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

91 loyale skid plate/brush bar? help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 testy

testy

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Port Moody, BC(Vancouver)

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:19 AM

Hello.

How do I go about creating a skid plate and finding a brush bar for my 91 loyale wagon. Its bone stock and I want to enhance its offroad capability. Dont want to tear of my oil pan and a brush bar just looks awsome.

Aslo, whats the diff between EA81 and EA82. Do I have one of these?

#2 rallyruss

rallyruss

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,653 posts
  • San Jose CA

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:34 AM

Hello.

How do I go about creating a skid plate and finding a brush bar for my 91 loyale wagon. Its bone stock and I want to enhance its offroad capability. Dont want to tear of my oil pan and a brush bar just looks awsome.

loyals are usually EA82 spfi motors

as for the brush guard and skid plate.
the EA82 cars (like yours) did have a simple skid plate stock. your car has none? then you need to look for one or fab up a real heavy duty one as the stock one is easily sdmashed on big rocks. Bumpers can be fabed by a good welder. I made my brush guard out of steel and its not much heavyer than the stock bumper.

#3 stumpy

stumpy

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Bridal Veil

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:40 AM

Your 91 Loyale is an ea82. The ea82 has an over head cam where as the ea81 does not (ie: no timing belts)

There are supplyers like AA and mudrat that make aftermarket products. Then there is the junk yards for used stock parts.
Put an ad in the wanted parts section and check the 4 sale section.
Build you own?

Hello.

#4 testy

testy

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Port Moody, BC(Vancouver)

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:35 PM

thanks for the help, i wasnt aware i had a skidplate. Im new to the suby thing, its my first car.

So I guess I can remove the stock skidplate and get a metal worker to copy the design with a 1/4 peice of steel and it should bolt right on eh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users