Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pieces of subaru youve left on the trail?

Uberoo

what are some pieces of your subaru that has come off never to be found again when offroad? the first time I took my brat on some decent trails I left the passenger side rear mudflap as a sovenier(the hard plastic thing that says 4wd).(MIA)

as of now Ive been to lazy to remove the other one.I should so I can kep it for sovenier...so anyway what are some bits that have fallen of your subies when offroad?

Can't recall leaving a whole lot behind - dead power steering belt after the tensioner bearing seized... and part of a failed lower radiator hose - cut the end off and reattached to keep going.

I scraped a door moulding off on a tree. My wagon never had mudflaps being a 2WD - much to the dismay of anyone behind me on the freeway I'm sure. I always wonder if that's how I pissed off that guy in the focus that I rammed on I-205....

GD

I've left lots of CV balls, and a few pieces of that rear DOJ....but everything else I picked up

ripped off the rear bumper cover once, didn't realize it until I got home, but I went back for it the next day. I peeled my roof rack off a couple times, until I trimmed a foot+ off the crossbars....good times

Only thing I've left behind was a piece of my 2" lift, one of the ones that holds the torsion bar onto the body. Bolt sheared and block just disappeared. I made up a new one a few days after the trail when I found it was missing while cleaning.

this is a great thread :lol: when I first got the 85 wagon going I was testing it out befor I pulled the engine, theres this one corner on our place thats up hill , couldnt make it and on the third try hit the front drivers fender broke the maker light , head light popped out onto the ground , lost other bits on that corner , ruined the goood fender and front end:-\

did make it up the hill:headbang:

Well i left an oil pressure sensor on a trail once. oh sorry, twice.... but i got them later. It was a muddy hill and didn't see the large rock at top. came down on top of it. bent my 3/16 skid pan and broke the sensor clean off. couldn't find it at 12:30AM, so a bolt, electrical tape, some hose, and some clamps. And lots of colorful vocabulary, then drove it home. A large rock i was climbing over claimed the second one. Hose clamps are very useful! :lol:

I popped my passenger side mirror off and Hatchy caught it(he was riding shotgun) as I maneuvered over some tire ruts and got a little too close to a tree, denting both passenger doors real good (that happened like 5 years ago). I broke a turn signal lense pushing a Chevy Blazer that stalled and had to push start it, but a hole caused my car to dip and crunch (I told the morons that it was gonna happen, and when it did they just stood there like morons). Most recently, ripped off both rear mudflaps going up a tight trail at Reiter pit, tighter than the car is wide, dented both front doors, pass. worse, and it's the same door I popped the mirror. I gotta go buy a can of primer for my spare door and put it on cuz the pass. window won't roll up right anymore.

Within the second month of owning my new '03 outback wagon I shattered the front lower plastic"engine" protective cover and sides breakin' trail in foot and half of snow...many little pieces as crunched it over frozen glazed snow crossing over a bridge... I threw the rest in the cargo box! Then bought a Primitive skiplate! I left a bit o' paint on a tree stump somewhere at Mt.Hood and bashed my lower rad. mount good too! ( no skid on doh!).

I almost lost a drivers mirror smacking a tree when I goosed it on a hunters track in mud at lolo pass ..thank God for folding mirrors!

I just lost my lic. plate frame and plastic cover after backing up over brush...on the front bumper , The plates still there so that's all that matters

I just lost my lic. plate frame and plastic cover after backing up over brush...on the front bumper , The plates still there so that's all that matters

i did that while blasting through those piles of snow left by the plows when they go through intersections.front plate was rapped around the front bumper and plate cover was totaled(only area of cover that servived was were it attached to bumper)

i've also left behind a muffler,leftside tail light assembly..:D