Ultimate Subaru Message Board

TPS problem solved

So I have been having TPS problems for about the past two weeks. I went to the junk yard to get a new one got two of them. One of them was from a RX one was from a wagon turbo (had a dirfront plug on it). After trying the one from the RX it worked for a while then started acting up damit. I chopped the plug off of the TPS I took off my car and wired it up to the TPS from the turbo wagon. That one worked for a while then started acting up again I know this one works so I tryed to change the mounting position of the TPS I turned it clockwise all the way problem got WAY WORSE. Ok I think I figured it out I changed the mounting psition again this time almost all the way counter clockwise maybe 75% and OMG all my throttle problems are gone I can drive with out my sudden power loss.:banana::clap:

I dont think I am using any extra fuel. I cant realy add it up since I dont have a rear O2 sensor in my exhaust my fuel economy is down becuase of that I will be getting one in any day then I will do fuel enonomy tests. I can say its running ten times better than it ever has. Like the post on link says make sure your TPS is bad before taking it apart I would make sure I have a extra one before I opened the one from my car. :)