Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wheelin' HoodRiver

scoobyclimbs

I met up with Scrap 487 and we chk'd out some great stuff just out of HoodRiver . Fantastic views of the gorge and HoodRiver valley were just a few of the treats that awaited out mudhungry soobs....although we never found a alot of mud it was abit dry in most places.

We took Country club road out of HoodRiver from (exit 62 East I-84) and followed it up several miles and turned right onto Riordan rd and headed into the woods! All I can say is Wahoo! This place was a mtn bike/motorcycle /atv/soobie heaven! Some of the folks up there erected serveral dirt bike ramps for jumping!

The farther we went I just got better at every spur rd we could find...

Lot's of fun hillclimbs, tight tracks, moguls, quarry pit and abit o' snow to play in too! We got snowed on for abit then the sun came out.

We had a great time wheelin' !!! Here's a few pics until my camera batt. died....DOH! We even got some great video too!

I did clean that hillclimb first try with my outback too! It's on video!

hrvalleywhlr.jpg

oldnewgen.jpg

glclimb2.jpg

Nice, I think we'll have to check those roads out at wcss8!! I wanna do a trailrun.

I think I've only touched just a tip of the berg out there....

Blowdown Ridge, Deadpoint ridge, Blue ridge, middle mtn are my next quests to check out soon... only a few miles from Parkdale! So far there is more than enough trails for everyone to have fun on! FRS radios a must!:banana:

i think i have the same skiis :grin:

awesome! i wish there were trails like that 'round here :-\ looks like a great time! :D

They are Karhu catamounts(skis) We had so much fun wheelin never got to ski!!! oh well...Scrap had his snowshoes with him too!

Funny to see a wheelin outback sportin skis....!:banana:

Sweet.. .makes me miss living in the gorge. (I grew up in The Dalles.... lots of light off roading areas there... these look more fun though)

I need to get another sube that I can take off the pavement :banana:

hey if he can wheel his outback and *not* take any major damage, a baja should be able to do the same :banana:

dang uploads are sloow... gimme like 10 minutes and I'll have the rest for ya

• 2 weeks later...