Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where do I get the dual weber carb setup

HATCHY

Ummm dual webers is what I am in the process of working on right now.I am trying to figure out what is the best design for the adapter plates.Since the carbs are much bigger than on the dual hitachi's they need to be off-set about 1.5" or so.If you find adaters and anything that leads me to a general ballpark idea of what jets to run let me know please.That would save me a whole lot of time.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Now I have seen the dual carb intake one time on a engine that was for sale unfortunate for me the guy did not just want to sell the intake unless I bought the whole engine, which at the time I could not afford.

I believe you may find one on the gyro copter sites, (sorry do not remember which site it was) but they use subaru engines to fly those things. and I believe I have seen a dual carb intake there.

Hope that helps

• 1 year later...
That's a dual Hitachi. I met the guy that built that a few years ago before he died.

GD

Ya, I got a chance to talk to him a few times at a couple of the WCSS's. Super nice guy and always willing to talk Subaru with anyone (never talked down to people that didn't know as much as him about cars). I thought the tribute to him at the last WCSS was great. It sounded like he had a lot of friends.

Anyways I know that there have been a few people on the board here over the years that have tried to concoct an intake manifold to do a duel weber setup, but I've never heard of anyone successfully finishing one.

Here's one I remember seeing: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64842&highlight=duel+carb

It seems like it's a bigger pain in the rear to build a dual weber setup than it's worth. I wouldn't think that the power gain would be that great. It seems like the greatest reward would just be that fact that you were able to do it. At least that's what I think. If it's power you're looking for just EJ it and call it good...:)

here's one without the airbox on.

This is my old setup (still have that engine.)

Its the dual carb engine as well, so its got the different valve setup..

I'm hopefully getting around to building my own dual weber setup. Sit the webers on each head kinda way. But I'm not sure if I'll do that or just put it on LPG and boost it to hell. Engines suppose to get 101hp new. And its not in the carbs, all the yreally seem to do is let her rev out to over 8K.

At this point we are talking about whatever

Well in that case, i'm more curious about that Weber intake manifold, since it was designed as an upgrade for the dual-carb setup on the sport models, and it would be easier to use since it wouldn't require the complicated throttle system...

But finding one on the other hand, probably WAY more difficult than finding a regular dual-carb setup.