Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where do I get the dual weber carb setup

HATCHY

So that's the fabled air box, eh? We have the engine, but not the box. I'd imagine finding one is like looking for hen's teeth. :-\

Bob had the airbox modified. the air port that points towards the rear was added on before it was chromed....

I had one that was damaged, so I modified it as such....

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=8518&cat=530

No, it's an EJ18 that has a carb mounted right above, and dedicated to, each head.

Yes I know that. But you said, "but the same idea could be applied to an EA" so I posted a link to an EA71 with that style of carb setup... A dual-single barrel on each head.

• 2 weeks later...

Well what thread to say I am new to this site but am on many, many other Subie sites with the same user name. I was referred here by Subie Gal on NASIOC, looks like a great forum.

I purchased this 73 DL and it has a set of two DD Webber Carbs with their own dedicated manifolds.

What I am looking for is a new set of headers like the ones in the pic. Look like modified VW headers.

Jay-R

DSC03053.jpg

I made some things exactly like that. Never got around to fitting them though.

^^ Same one though I bought it off race junk. I never saw it when it was on ebay.

As for the header no one around me will touch that job so I may wait and have the wife father build me a new one, he welds and has made SS headers before. The headers on there right now give it a lil extra torque.

Jay-R

Go to a muffler shop and have them design some headers.

I remember that car on E-bay too, the blue one with a knock-off rally paint job right?