Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'05 baja tire options? And other questions..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sp0rk173

sp0rk173

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Riverside

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:04 PM

Howdy.

I've got me quite a sick 05 baja, rolling up to about 20k miles. The stock tires aren't too bad, but I take my car everywhere, including some places it probably shouldn't be. So, i'm looking for some tough tires that will boost my confidence to the point that i'm not getting out and checking for flats every few miles. Any ideas or possibilities you guys might know of?

Also, what options do i have in terms of replacing the stock rims and doing a light lift without messing up the AWD system? How about dropping the gearing down to make it a bit more of a climber than a sprinter? Not looking to do any gnarly rock routes, just a stronger first.

Any other these possible, impossible, or so stupid that they shouldn't be attempted at all?! As for stats, she's a demonic manual 05 baja sport.
I love my car, and it's getting about time to make 'er my own! :headbang:

Thanks guys.

#2 Andyjo

Andyjo

I'm Not Austin!

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Windham NH

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:08 PM

Alright, if you still want street drivability (not super loud like super swampers) i'd go w/ BFGoodrich All terrains, i believe they make a 16" (Baja's run 16" rims right?) version small enough.
As for a lift, i don't think there's any suspension parts you can swap out to make it taller really, but there are a few people on this board who could make you strut spacers, or even a unibody type lift.
You could also check out the Offorad forum, there's good stuff there about offroading/tires etc..
I haven't talked to many people who really like to offroad their baja's and i cant' wait to see pics of it@! :headbang:
eh, i'm sure people who know more will chime in :rolleyes:

#3 JEGIII

JEGIII

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Albuquerque

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:42 AM

http://www.barneybro...com/BajaSub.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users