Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A couple of new tidbits on the upcoming 7 seater straight from the horse's mouth...

I had an opportunity to speak with several people within Subaru's corporate structure the other day. When inquiring about the 7 seater, I gained a couple of little tidbits of information:

1. The biggest suprise is the release. Apparently, when Subaru said for sale in '05, they meant it is in fact an '05 model, NOT an '06 model as speculation had it (which would in turn mean a mid to late '05 launch). As a result, the car should be at the dealers 1 year from right now (mid to late '04)!!! Knock on wood...

2. The car apparantly DOES look a LOT look a Nissan Murano from the side (to me, that is a good thing since I love the look of that vehicle). I know that this has been mentioned in another thread, but I was pleased to hear this confirmation from someone truly on the inside. Anyway, yes, the B11S front end design is apparently a reality on this vehicle. I was reassured that it looks very tasteful so keep your groaning to a minimum. One representative is pretty sure that there is a picture of it online SOMEWHERE (he/she thought maybe the FHI site, but that proved untrue). If it IS online and you know where to find it, someone PLEASE post it!!!

Anyway, if anyone has ANY new details on this vehicle (especially pics), PLEASE come forward and post what you know here!