Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Blue Bomber club car

Scott in Bellingham

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weld the front and rear diffs(have to pull two axles to run on the highway, or just not care :lol: ), bash the fenders/wheel wells or lift to fit 28" swampers, skid plate, cage, I do like the convertable, maybe french in a tailgate from a tiny truck, definitly half doors too, no front fenders, or tube fenders, remember you cut 1/3 of the metal out of a soda can and it likes to do the twist

weld the front and rear diffs
-

now thats something to try, I got a welded rear diff in my white car , it sure makes a difference, we will have to try the dual weld in the bomber , we will start this project this wed night , updates as we go.

step #1 everything that unbolts is going way , doors, hatch lid, bumpers, front fenders, hood, carpets,

step #2 cut the back off with rear side windows and rear portion of roof , leave the windshield and 4 door posts and roof up to the rear rear door posts

step 3# weld up a side brace from front of front door jam to rear of rear door jam, with some braceing , then chop off the rest of the top, leave winshield to hide behind and to keep the dash and computer dry

between each step take the car out and beat it to deth

in there somewhere add some lift and some meats , maybe get some waterproof seats so the whole thing could be hosed out

welded front diff in a legacy is a kick in the pants, strictly offroad it's all good, unless you really want to turn a corner tight. welded front diff in an '83 toyota pickup, kicks rump roast, turns like, well it doesn't really turn too good, but in the yota you can unlock the front hubs and mob around town.

SWEET:headbang: looks pretty mean.

what else will be done to it?

weld a bar across the door openings add sheet metal from bar down, lift it, add swampers, box in the back with light tubing , make a cover on the back ,lighten up the front a little more , add lights , a snorkel and a CB who knows as it evolves , or degresses. haaa :rolleyes::brow:

That's so sweet... I'd like to make my new one kinda like that, only keep it street legal a bit (if possible!) We'll see. I don't mind experimenting with a free car :headbang:

Heres a recent photo

Bb102.jpg

2" lift in front ,none in back , 27" swampers, loads of fun:brow: :eek: