Ultimate Subaru Message Board

94 Impreza Check Engine light

Guest Loki595

I have a 94 Impreza 1.8 liter front wheel drive. My check engine light came on and it said I needed a new Coolant Temp Sensor and the EGR System. I replaced the Sensor and was told to replace the EGR Solenoid by the dealership. The check engine light is still on. Would it be possible that I need a scanner to go in and tell the computer to recheck everything and clear the error? Or any suggestions on what else may be wrong with the EGR System? When I start the car cold, I get no throttle response for the first 30 to 45 seconds. Once warm, car runs fine and normal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want to avoid the dealership cause I don't have the money, college and all. Thanks.

Guest Legacy777

Your car has OBD1 and you can check the codes with connectors under the dash. I have instructions on my site on how to pull the codes and what codes mean what.

I suggest checking the codes, resetting the ECU if it will, and see what codes come back. That way you are sure you are replacing a part that is actually bad, instead of just chasing electrical gremlins.

• 7 years later...