Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

94 Impreza Check Engine light

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Loki595_*

Guest_Loki595_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2003 - 10:21 PM

I have a 94 Impreza 1.8 liter front wheel drive. My check engine light came on and it said I needed a new Coolant Temp Sensor and the EGR System. I replaced the Sensor and was told to replace the EGR Solenoid by the dealership. The check engine light is still on. Would it be possible that I need a scanner to go in and tell the computer to recheck everything and clear the error? Or any suggestions on what else may be wrong with the EGR System? When I start the car cold, I get no throttle response for the first 30 to 45 seconds. Once warm, car runs fine and normal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want to avoid the dealership cause I don't have the money, college and all. Thanks.

#2 Guest_Legacy777_*

Guest_Legacy777_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2003 - 06:20 AM

Your car has OBD1 and you can check the codes with connectors under the dash. I have instructions on my site on how to pull the codes and what codes mean what.

I suggest checking the codes, resetting the ECU if it will, and see what codes come back. That way you are sure you are replacing a part that is actually bad, instead of just chasing electrical gremlins.

#3 hilextec

hilextec

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Harare

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:55 AM

I have a 1992 Subaru Impreza EJ16 engine. Can you assist me on how to lacate the fault codes. I have changed the engine and now I see a "CHECK ENGINE" blinking . How can I solve such a problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users