Ultimate Subaru Message Board

custom shifter boot on 5sp conversion

gunslinger

Use an old pair of blue jean shorts. Turn them upside-down and put them on over the sticks. Tie-wrap the legs closed around the sticks. Tuck the waist part under the opening in the carpet.:D

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

now, THAT, is ghetto. would look pretty funny though. :lol:

Hi This is Jerry, well ok but i like the stock look. With the 5 speed kit that i make everything is totally stock looking inside of your car no exhaust inside of my car. I am not putting anybody down i just saying i like the stock look. Thanks Jerry

now, THAT, is ghetto. would look pretty funny though. :lol:

It would be hilarious. It would look like a skinny midget with funny shoes was working on your tranny.:D

Seriously though, a buddy of mine made a shifer boot out of old jeans on his Jeep. Works good. It's tough, made to be moved around and even kept the wind and fumes out. I'd like to see the skinny midget setup.:cool:

Hi This is Jerry, well ok but i like the stock look. With the 5 speed kit that i make everything is totally stock looking inside of your car no exhaust inside of my car. I am not putting anybody down i just saying i like the stock look. Thanks Jerry

yah, um. i dont think jerry got the joke here. :banana::confused: btw: i dont really need to buy some kit someone makes. the stock boots work fine. i just didnt throw them on in the 5 minutes it took to jump in the car and hit the dirt after the conversion.