Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T Fuel pump alternatives

I know this has been covered a bit already but I have got a generic replacement made by bosch but it doesnt have the round ?pressure regulator or ?one way valve on the outlet end of it like the original pump.

Should I just fit it up in line or do I need to get a one way valve in line just after the pump -if that what the round thing on the stock pump is anyway?

thanks for any advice.

Hey Habib, that item you speak of is not a preasure reg or one way valve...whatyou have there is a fuel damper..it give your fuel system suspension..and takes out the harsh pulse,s that occur when injecters open and close.....just fit your old one and it will be good to go..there is not much inside them but a spring and a diapram..but if you dont use one the rail preassure will jump around a bit..and maybe cause minor hick ups..cheers:burnout:

Hey Habib, that item you speak of is not a preasure reg or one way valve...whatyou have there is a fuel damper..it give your fuel system suspension..and takes out the harsh pulse,s that occur when injecters open and close.....just fit your old one and it will be good to go..there is not much inside them but a spring and a diapram..but if you dont use one the rail preassure will jump around a bit..and maybe cause minor hick ups..cheers:burnout:

Thanks. :banana: