Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2.5 Engine Parts

Guest PhillipGuyette

I'm new to Subaru's, recently purchasing a 1999 Legacy Outback (2.5 liter) with a bad crankshaft. I'm looking to find a regrindable crank, and one rod. Additionally, can anyone recommend a supplier of hard engine parts other than the dealer? I need pistons, rings, oil pump and a gasket set. Any advice will be sincerely appreciated. Phillip

Guest theotherskip

there is an overhaul gasket set for the 2.5l engine - i bought one for the 97 outback. it is very through, including head, intake, exhaust, idle air, and throttle body gaskets. it also has seals (cam, crank, rear main), o-rings, the rubber pieces for around the timing belt cover. the only things missing are the valve cover and spark plug hole gaskets. overall, it is a really good value at around $175 (list is $230) from 1stsubaruparts.com. the only downside is that everything is mixed together and unlabeled, so it can be tricky matching the right parts up.